All-Star Well Orange Is Going Large Ladies & Gentlemen

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You can't compare worlds scores from different divisions! It's a comparative scoring system - the teams are compared to other teams in the same division. So Senior Elite scored x points more compared to other teams in LAG, and Orange scored y points more compared to teams in MAG. And x and y are completely different things!
ughhh its just an observation.... which i clearly stated at the end....chill :rolleyes:

ughhh its just an observation.... which i clearly stated at the end....chill :rolleyes:

I don't think she was trying to be rude. Just explaining that your observation is flawed because of how Worlds scoring works. You can't compare a score from LS with a score from MS because scores are relative to division. Senior Elite's higher scores don't indicate that they are better than Orange and certainly can't be a predictor of how Orange might do in Large Senior.

i commend stingrays for trying to create a large senior team, but this division is known for its flash and awe of trying for difficult skills and being innovative. stingrays in my opinion tends to stick to only trying to max out the scoresheet, and i dont think its gonna work in their favor in the long run. they HAVE to start taking some risks if they wanna keep up with the other teams. i said the same thing about peach in the beginning of the season, yet they never changed anything drastic by worlds.... i grew up down the street from the dang gym, so im not a hater. i hope they start taking some risks and trying new things.
I think you are right they make strong routines that are hard to beat but it is very to the book (a very noticeable style even at their youngest ages - not bad just that is clearly their style and it works very very well for them) and not as risky in a division that is known for pulling out all the stops and going for perfection hmmm... I think you make a very good point and it will be interesting to see how it goes. Do they change their style more or stay the same and it works for them because it will be different than others and other teams change to be more like them next year.... pretty interesting either way to watch how this will play.

Just for comparison here are the scores from finals of medium and large. I believe the same panel. I think they'll be ok :)
ImageUploadedByFierce Board1368723332.517801.jpg

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Just for comparison here are the scores from finals of medium and large. I believe the same panel. I think they'll be ok :) View attachment 171

For all of you doubting how Stingray's choreography will hold up against the other teams in the division with Orange, I would take a look at who had the second highest choreography score in the LAG division at Worlds:)

i commend stingrays for trying to create a large senior team, but this division is known for its flash and awe of trying for difficult skills and being innovative. stingrays in my opinion tends to stick to only trying to max out the scoresheet, and i dont think its gonna work in their favor in the long run. they HAVE to start taking some risks if they wanna keep up with the other teams. i said the same thing about peach in the beginning of the season, yet they never changed anything drastic by worlds.... i grew up down the street from the dang gym, so im not a hater. i hope they start taking some risks and trying new things.

I do agree that teams like SS and F5 have the "flash' you mention, but If you look at the Worlds results from this year it is obvious that clean, well-executed technique matched with difficuly is what the judges wanted...not flash.

I don't think many people will argue that Orange has continued to display some of, if the not THE best all-around technique in the entire industry and will undoubtedly do so next year in Large Senior.

In terms of their difficulty, with the exception of CEA, I don't think any team in Large Senior could have pulled off their elite stunt sequence this past season, so I think they'll be just fine next year.

Why don't Top Gun, Fame, Cali & Woodlands Elite add some LAG teams & let's have a PARTY!! Lol.

No, but seriously after hearing this I'm ready for the season to start. I wanna see how much competition orange can put out in this division for the other teams. But I am kinda hoping for a Senior Elite 3-peat.

SN: Angel Should've stayed at stingrays all along. I was hoping she'd leave Trinity after I saw their first comp.

Back