All-Star West Coast To East Coast At Worlds.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
I've been thinking about this since Worlds.

With the time difference, and starting at 8 am, do the coaches have to prepare their kids, or does USASF take in to consideration? I guess people from the other side of the world have it worse. But do these teams show up days and days in advance to get used to the time change if they are a team that competes early? I mean coming from west to east, that's 3 hours. If you compete at 8 am, that's normally 5 am for you... add in hair and make-up and warm-up time, I can't imagine dealing with that, let alone from the other side of the world.

Random question, but seems like it could be a big deal, and I'm very interested in how you prepare for something like this, it's the biggest event of the year! Or maybe it's a simple answer and flying over my head, haha.

Alot of teams fly in Wednesday or Thursday. I couldn't imagine competing at worlds at 8 am and still being on California time with my sleep! So the earlier they get to Disney the better!!

I've been thinking about this since Worlds.

With the time difference, and starting at 8 am, do the coaches have to prepare their kids, or does USASF take in to consideration? I guess people from the other side of the world have it worse. But do these teams show up days and days in advance to get used to the time change if they are a team that competes early? I mean coming from west to east, that's 3 hours. If you compete at 8 am, that's normally 5 am for you... add in hair and make-up and warm-up time, I can't imagine dealing with that, let alone from the other side of the world.

Random question, but seems like it could be a big deal, and I'm very interested in how you prepare for something like this, it's the biggest event of the year! Or maybe it's a simple answer and flying over my head, haha.
When I was at HPU we came in a WEEK early just to get adjusted to the time difference. Not all but MOST teams out of the US come in early, some even come in early enough to compete the weekend BEFORE Worlds. As far as Cali etc teams are concerned I'm sure it would be help to come in early but then you start having to deal with missing MORE school etc etc. Does USASF take it into consideration, I doubt it.

No the USASF doesn't take the time change into consideration when seeding the teams. CheerForce, CheerGyms and Nor Cal all had times @8-9ish on Saturday morning.

When I was at HPU we came in a WEEK early just to get adjusted to the time difference. Not all but MOST teams out of the US come in early, some even come in early enough to compete the weekend BEFORE Worlds. As far as Cali etc teams are concerned I'm sure it would be help to come in early but then you start having to deal with missing MORE school etc etc. Does USASF take it into consideration, I doubt it.

Yes, the school missed by April is defininitely an issue, especially if your team travels to other out of state comps prior to Worlds. From California we once tried the red-eye on Thursday night - NEVER do it again! Didn't sleep well on plane, got in Friday morning and had a few hours sleep, then practice in the afternoon. It's very hard to get acclimated, get enough rest and food and be ready to compete on Saturday. I wish they would take into consideration from where you traveled in setting compete times, but that's not what they base it on so wishful thinking...

the amount of school i missed for allstar cheer this year prior to worlds was i would say a "record" for me! Especially in Febuary...i dont think i went a full week at school Feb- March

Back