All-Star What Cheer Shoe Do You Prefer?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 13, 2014
It is now that time for me to look into getting a new pair of cheer shoes, I was just curious in seeing how many people prefer Varsity over Nfinity or vice versa. I was also interested in knowing if the Nfinity Defiances actually do make a difference when tumbling?

It is now that time for me to look into getting a new pair of cheer shoes, I was just curious in seeing how many people prefer Varsity over Nfinity or vice versa. I was also interested in knowing if the Nfinity Defiances actually do make a difference when tumbling?

I have the Nfinity Defiance, and I think they are great! there's so much more cushion then any other cheerleading shoe I've tried. I would say they are more comfortable to tumble (and JUMP) in and it gives you a little bit more rebound when your feet hits the floor after your jumps/round off/bhs. My feet feels more safe with them, than with Evolution or Vengeance. :D

i have the nfinity defiances and evolutions, and the defiances definitely give more of a spring. they have way more cushion like @little miss coach E mentioned and definitely give more rebound. when we do punching drills, I definitely get a bigger bounce. but at first they feel weird b/c they're bulkier than the evolutions. but the evolutions are an all-around amazing shoe. also, i like basing girls with defiances on b/c there's more surface area. but, i think my coaches prefer basing girls with evolutions. it's really all a matter of preference

I've had Nfinity Evolutions, Zephs Butterfly Lites, Nike Competes, and Varsity Cheerleader II. The evolutions are by far my favorite- they're so light and comfortable. The Zephs feel similar but a bit more bulky and not as flexible. The Nikes took awhile for me to get used to because they were pretty similar to normal running shoes except a bit lighter. Once I broke them in though, they were fine. Not great, but not horrible. The soles started to come apart halfway through my season (high school cheer, so we were on a rubber track), but other than that they're decent. Just a bit clunky. I absolutely hate my varsity ones- every time I wear them, I get nasty blisters on my pinky toes. I'm not sure if that's just me, or if it's a common problem.

I haven't cheered in awhile but I have always preferred Nfinitys and felt that they were the highest quality shoe available (you do have to pay for the quality though, as they are by far the most expensive as well). I have not tried the Defiances but I still think I would prefer my Vengeances. Even if the Defiance does give more "lift" and "rebound" I think that the lighter a shoe is, the better it is for long tumbling passes and jumps. I want as little as possible interfering with me.

Vengeance - 3.9 oz
Nfinity Vengeance | Nfinity Cheer Shoes | Team Cheer

Defiance - 5.7 oz
Nfinity Defiance Cheer Shoes | Team Cheer

The Varsity Last Pass 2.0's and Zero Gravity Cheer's are huge fan faves amongst all star and school cheerleaders.
Super light, great insoles. The zero gravity is fully fitted like a sock with laces around. The last pass is different with the sides being webbed and structured for the lightweight support you need.

Check out the new zero gravity video too:

I haven't cheered in awhile but I have always preferred Nfinitys and felt that they were the highest quality shoe available (you do have to pay for the quality though, as they are by far the most expensive as well). I have not tried the Defiances but I still think I would prefer my Vengeances. Even if the Defiance does give more "lift" and "rebound" I think that the lighter a shoe is, the better it is for long tumbling passes and jumps. I want as little as possible interfering with me.

Vengeance - 3.9 oz
Nfinity Vengeance | Nfinity Cheer Shoes | Team Cheer

Defiance - 5.7 oz
Nfinity Defiance Cheer Shoes | Team Cheer
This is true, unless you need ankle or arch support. CP cannot wear the vengeance without pain, but does fine in the defiance.

I got diagnosed with arthrosis in my ankle joint this week. Does anyone have any shoe recommendations for me? Are the Defiance more cushioned than the Zero gravity?

I got diagnosed with arthrosis in my ankle joint this week. Does anyone have any shoe recommendations for me? Are the Defiance more cushioned than the Zero gravity?
My CP prefers Defiance to Zero Gravity for support, but I would say try both on if you can because there are girls at our gym that prefer the Zero Gravity.

I have tried Zero Gravity and another Varsity shoe this summer and since then I have HATED Varsity shoes! They have fallen apart quicker than anything. The Varsity logo at the bottom sole fell off and the rubber on the toes bent and I could've ripped it off easy. I will never personally but then again. I'm curious to try Defiance and if it does make a difference, but I can never go wrong with Vengeance or Evolution.

I have tried Zero Gravity and another Varsity shoe this summer and since then I have HATED Varsity shoes! They have fallen apart quicker than anything. The Varsity logo at the bottom sole fell off and the rubber on the toes bent and I could've ripped it off easy. I will never personally but then again. I'm curious to try Defiance and if it does make a difference, but I can never go wrong with Vengeance or Evolution.
CP has had 3 pairs of Last Pass and none of them have lasted a season. They definitely break down quickly.

My CP10 daughter is a flyer and prefers the heel support of the Nfinity Vengeance (over other Nfinity types and Last Pass shoes). CP8 son wears the Nfinity Phoenix because they fit better on his wide feet than the Last Pass.

Back