All-Star What Cheer Shoe Do You Prefer?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nfinity Vengeance all the way! I used to have evolutions but for the past two seasons I've worn Vengeance. They are super light and fit to my foot really well. I will say that I rather base a flyer that wears evolutions, because the vengeance makes the foot so narrow and small.

Good point on potential injuries. I'm also concerned with her shoe falling/flying off as she jumps or something. This is our first go, so I'd rather her be comfy in a shoe that fits properly than fussing with an ill fitted shoe.

Payless has a "Cheer shoe" in toddler and youth sizes too.

I do NOT recommend "making do" with a shoe that's too big. That's how my CP injured her foot.

Thank you for the input. We tried on a size 11 the other day just for S&G and they were quite big.

So I think I'll end up finding a similar style shoe at Target or Pawleys.

I think that will be too big. That's ridiculous that she has to wear a shoe that doesn't fit! My daughter has that shoe and I was told it was running small but it's not. Some people actually thought it was running big. I think it's running about the same as street shoes. Maybe your daughter will be ok with thick socks... :)

My favorite cheer shoe is the one where I don't have to buy a new pair every season because it falls apart. Let me know when they make one of those :D

Thought I would share this here. CP's Defiance, that she has been wearing all of 2 months, broke yesterday at practice. One of the loops that hold the laces pulled out. They go through the whole upper of the shoe and are apparently glued into the soles. The glue pulled loose and the whole thing came off. We compete Saturday, and there is only 1 place in the area to get indoor cheer shoes, the place I got these. We had to run there before they closed last night and see if we could get shoes, because we are leaving rifght after school today. Fortunately they took them back. They only had evloutions in stock in her size, so she will be competing in non broken in evolutions. She HATES new shoes.

We ended up getting the Stellarlyte in a Youth size 10. There is still quite a bit of toe room but thankfully narrow enough that it shouldn't have a problem staying on.

I started out with POWER shoes. Not sure if these even still exist, but when I had them, they were the "Nfinity" of the early 2000s. Nobody cared about having the lightest shoe, or one that claims to help you tumble better..they wanted the blue rubber. And if you don't know what the blue rubber is...
I got Kaepas after 2 seasons in POWER. Hated them. Heavy and had weird laces.
Then Nfinity came out. I had the Genesis, Genesis 2.o, Evolution, Tyger, and Vengeance. And in multiples. I'm loyal to my favorite shoe company because I always had great results.
Somewhere in with my Nfinities, I had to get Nike Cheer Flash for HS Cheer, and they were awful, and actually progressed my ankle injury that we have been putting surgery off on till I'm done with college. They were like wearing bricks. My Physical Therapist then suggested I wear High Top Reeboks for school cheer, and I actually loved them. I could still wear my ankle braces but I had the extra ankle support I really needed. The soles are also quite a bit thicker. But they are very lightweight.
There's my input lol. :p

ETA: My first year at CSA we were required to wear the No Limits. Wasn't very fond of them however I have heard their new shoes have much better reviews. I ended up replacing them and switching back to nfinities and then was required to buy Varsity Last Pass my third year. Also did not like this shoe. It was very stiff in a bad way...not by good padding, but by an awkward, not comfortable sole.

Last edited:
its crazy how much cheer shoes have changed since I did allstars... I went through all the classics- reebok, aasics (went through about 3 pairs a season), kaepas (hated those with a passion). My last few years of allstars is when nfinities started to get big, and I'm pretty sure I have evolutions or else the ones I have don't exist anymore lol when I got to college we used Nikes and I really didn't like them for the simple fact that their sizing was super weird for my feet so my size options were either too big or too small... well, I CANNOT cheer in too big of shoes so I opted for the too small option and now have permanent claw toes from them getting squished. When I started getting back into stunting and tumbling this summer I whipped out the old nfinities because the guys hated the nikes. As much as I didn't like the nikes, the one thing I would say they have over my nfinities is stability... holy crap I felt like I was stunting and tumbling in a ballet slipper or barefoot. Maybe its because I got so used to nikes but I did not like that feeling at all. Are the defiance and vengeance like that too? or do they have a little more support than the evolution? It's about time I get a new pair of shoes seeing as I brought mine back from worlds 09...

i prefer to stick with the classic ;)
asics-shoes-ql7830150-right.jpg

Back