What Do You Do With Your Old Cheer Uniform?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

luscheermom

Cheer Parent
Apr 8, 2011
We pay so much for our cheer uniforms, ours was over $300. With the season over and new uniforms this year, what do you do? Hang in the closet for memories? Can't recycle them at the gym. I'd like to sell it somehow.

I wish there was some sort of buy back/recycling program with the companies. Seems like they could use the materials for something. I hate having to ask new parents to buy a uniform when I know we will be getting new ones next year.

You can put it in a shadow box,
I know that doesn't really make you any money for it. :(

Oh or the cp could put it on and jump in the pool with it, I hear its fun!
I have heard that several teams have done this after their last competition maybe at a hotel or something!

Years when we've had the same uniform and I've needed a new one, I'll sell my too small one to someone else and then I've always kept all of my old uniforms just for memories sake and for dress-up for my kids. I know there have been a couple times where my HS uniform has come in handy for spirit weeks or halloween costumes but for the most part, they just hang out in a box in the back on my closet.

I have two pinned up on my wall, my first one and my favorite one, and the rest are hung up in my closet. I sold one back to a teammate when I leveled up.

My poor mother has bought a new uniform for all 11 teams I've been on... I think this will be the first year I wear one two seasons in a row.

I know, but they are so pricey, and really, so nice it seems like such a waste. I like the idea of being able to recycle them somehow.

My cp was able to wear her sister's old one from her first year of cheering, then they all got new ones the following year; wore that one for a few years; we switched gyms so bought a new one; that gym split and we left with the kids she was friends with so needed yet another one...and I have them all.

I just hang mine up in the closet, but if you have a few uniforms , I have heard about someone actually sewing their unforms to sort of make a blanket. I think thats neat.

You can also stuff them and sew them closed make cute toss pillows! Haha!

Reallycoolcheermommy Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shadow boxed the CPs. There's one shadow box with two unis for our first gym and one shadow box with the newly retired original aviator uni from both my son and daughter. They're hung on the "brag wall" with all the trophies, medals, team pics and plaques. It's actually one of my favorite walls in the basement.

My mom is waiting until my senior year and making all of my uniforms and competition/ gym tshirts into a quilt

I got really lucky with mine for my senior year, a senior ahead of me bought a brand new one so I bought hers, and the following year I passed it down to my sister. She probably could have sold hers after she graduated last year but the whole program got new unis (which I love and wish I had)

Since CEA doesn't really get new uniforms that often, I only had 3 unis in 7 years. (Give or take the ones I sold when I outgrew them). Now in my 3rd season with CSA, we're finally getting new ones. So I've really only got 4 old ones. They hang temporarily on the inside of my closet doors until we convert our guest room into a trophy room...which is gonna be sick btw!

Back