What Do You Do With Your Old Cheer Uniform?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If it is really important to you I would say shadow box it, if not then sell it or donate to goodwill. I am sure some kids would love to play dress up with a cheer uniform.

if anyone is interested we buy used cheerleading uniforms for teams that cant afford new ones and we also buy individual uniforms for girls to use for routines. if interested send me a message and i can send you more info. Thanks

Since CEA doesn't really get new uniforms that often, I only had 3 unis in 7 years. (Give or take the ones I sold when I outgrew them). Now in my 3rd season with CSA, we're finally getting new ones. So I've really only got 4 old ones. They hang temporarily on the inside of my closet doors until we convert our guest room into a trophy room...which is gonna be sick btw!

Wow my daughter is starting her 3rd year and getting her 3rd new uniform!:)

We bought one at CCE her first year
Then she moved up the 2nd season and the whole gym got new uniforms so that makes #2
Then now her 3rd season we are at a new gym and they got new uniforms last year so we will buy them this season.
Next year I will get a break and won't have to buy one for her 4th season.. Yay!!!:)
But then the next year I will buy another one. Honestly I love new uniforms and if they are cute I'd buy a new one every season if her gym did that!:)

I will never sell any of my daughters uniforms. I probably could get $200 for the one she wore last season for only 2 competitions but I just can't bring myself to sell it!

Wow my daughter is starting her 3rd year and getting her 3rd new uniform!:)

We bought one at CCE her first year
Then she moved up the 2nd season and the whole gym got new uniforms so that makes #2
Then now her 3rd season we are at a new gym and they got new uniforms last year so we will buy them this season.
Next year I will get a break and won't have to buy one for her 4th season.. Yay!!!:)
But then the next year I will buy another one. Honestly I love new uniforms and if they are cute I'd buy a new one every season if her gym did that!:)

I will never sell any of my daughters uniforms. I probably could get $200 for the one she wore last season for only 2 competitions but I just can't bring myself to sell it!
well, back in the day, Kville 'advanced' teams had the 'green' uniforms before everyone else, and I happened to join the last year they had the white turtlenecks. So I had that for one year, and then we all got the green ones, and had those for two years. Then we switched to the one that they had before the new ones they have now, and we were in it for 5 years. But I did actually have 3 of those because I did grow a tad in between 4th and 8th grade lol. They had a sort of 'recycling' system, where you could sell yours to someone who wanted a used one, and in turn use that money on a new one. (Or used one for that matter). and my new gym had the uni I've had for the past 2 years for like 5, I just came at the point when they got tired of it, and frankly...it's pretty outdated.So we're finally getting new ones, and they're inspired by WC Starlites! they're so cute. not allowed to release a photo yet...but believe me, when I can I will!!
but in reality, I'm actually about to get my 7th uniform lol

My uni is framed... And sitting in my attic somewhere taking up space. I took all of my comp t-shirts and made a quilt, it isn't as easy as it looks or sounds. In hindsight I should've just paid someone to do it.
I think it would be cute to make my uni a throw pillow and maybe embroider your name on it. It would look nice next to the comp shirt blanket.
I've seen some girls make them into purses too.

I just switched to a different gym this season and my old gym just got new uniforms last season. So I sol mine to help pay for cheerleading this season. I wish I could have kept it because I loved that uniform and it was part of a great season, but since I have to pay for all of my cheerleading myself, I decided to sell to get some additional money.

I shadow box all my daughter's uniforms with the bow, and some of the medals, photos, and mementos from the season. I only use the top of the uniform though. The bottoms are all hanging in the back of my closet (no, i don't know why I am keeping them; I just can't bear to part with them).

It's a pain to do so I'm usually about a year behind on them (I just did the one from 2010 last fall). :oops: And her Varsity one is just going to sit in a shadow box, not finished, laying down on top of my dresser forever I guess because she hates it and I can't find the stupid bow (and they sure as heck didn't win anything like medals!). It needs help. :(

868lei

this is the shadow box my momma made me :), so far this is the only uniform out of the 4 or 5? thats been done mainly because this one was my favourite... and the most expensive :p

And her Varsity one is just going to sit in a shadow box, not finished, laying down on top of my dresser forever I guess because she hates it and I can't find the stupid bow (and they sure as heck didn't win anything like medals!). It needs help. :(

I feel like I should clarify that I meant Varsity as in her high school varsity cheer one, not one that was made by Varsity. :oops: It really is hideous - very thick polyester like material. It even came with a pleated skirt that was enough material that I swear I could use it as a Christmas tree skirt. I'm not sure what I will even use to attach it to the shadow box...nails? :p

My CP's Starlite, and Shooting Star Uniforms are under Glass with some team photos, medals and bows. Her GT uniform is still being used but will also make it a Shadow Box when the time comes.

My daughters never really did All-star except one. My middle daughter is now a senior in HS and they do not get to keep their uniforms. She got to keep her uni from MS and she has it pinned up on her wall. I think I will shadow box it, because she loves it, it was her first uniform at UCA NHSCC, and I designed and made them. This year I think we will keep her HS uni (and pay the fine) and put it in a shadow box with her white jackets, medals and rings. Never really thought about this option before, but I really like how the look and I think she will love it.

868lei

this is the shadow box my momma made me :), so far this is the only uniform out of the 4 or 5? thats been done mainly because this one was my favourite... and the most expensive :p
This looks really nice and I like the Idea!

Back