What do you like/dislike about Cheersport Nationals?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Also above is just an opinion, not to down cheersport at all bc they are the TOP competition hands down. It's a fab competition so dont take it in a bad way, Just an opinion but I know cost is a factor!!! Thanks Cheersport for all that you do!

Dislike- How in 2 different Worlds Arena's you can have complete styles of judging. You can't have Arena B wanting difficulty and Arena C wanting cleanliness. If you want one then all of your vast panel of judges need to all be following that because between my 3 teams they were all judged on different scales and now if we choose to go back I don't know what to focus on for my teams to max out and do well. My Sr Coed 4 was losing by 20 points because they didn't do Release move but still an Inversion and Full Up and executed both well but were still losing to teams that did all 3 and dropped a stunt or two. However our Coed 5 team in a different Arena had teams that just hit clean shows at the top while teams with the difficulty sat at the bottom for making mistakes.

I LOVE CHEERSPORT. CHEERSPORT FOREVEEER.

Ok but seriously.

-The awards set up. Easy to bounce quickly from an arena over to the awards room thing
-The stages opening on both sides. Plenty of time between teams to get situated, but they also show the team performing on the other side on the screen, so you can still know what's going on
-Parking is fairly simple (in the red deck)
-The location is bangin. Right downtown, plenty big enough, and us cheer freaks can bop on over to the CNN Center for lunch/dinner and only miss a few teams.
- Always on time, even though the schedule is insane.
-Blankets as presents! Cheersport blankets rule my life
-The set up of it all. I remember driving to Cheersport 09 with Beth and Tayler, and it was their first time ever attending. I was trying to explain to them the set up. All I could say was, well, it's kind on in 1 giant room. And it is. It's so easy to get from stage to stage (especially while running, or doing what I like to call the Cheersport Marathon). I love when the entire crowd hops up and takes off after the last note of music and everyone weaves in and out of the slowpokes to make another team.
-2009 (maybe 2010, I didn't see them) they had a woman, I mean, angel, giving out free Redbull. HEAVENLY.

Dislikes-
-I'll admit, I haven't paid that much attention to the scoresheet....
-Scheduling big divisions at the same time. I know this isn't their priority, but please, for our sake. I know this year I had to pick between watching Georgia or WCSS day 1 and Top Gun or WCSS day 2. And CEA Coed Elite or Senior Elite day 2, although some were brave enough to join that mass of teal sprinting from one arena to the next. I know the year before they had unlimited and large senior at the same time, but it was on the same stage. Meaning we could sit in priority for Top Gun on one side and see WCSS on the screen on the other. This year there were a good 3 or 4 stages apart. Spread the level 5 our throughout the whole day and this won't happen. Like I said, not their top priority, but it would be nice.
-The excitement and grandness of it all could be played up a little more, take NCA for example.
-Yeah, this one has nothing to do with them at all, but waiting for an empty table at the CNN center is like a game.....they look like they are getting up...wait...no....no.....WAIT YES MOVE IN MOVE IN MOVE IN ughhhh someone beat us. haha

LOVE- video judging. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!
DISLIKE- the fact that I was running around like a chicken with her head cut off. I've never been so confused in my life.. to the point where I had no idea I was in first until Day 1 was over. hahahahahhaahhaha

Back