All-Star What Do Your Coaches Wear To Comps?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Day 1 : Team Apparel & Jeans
Day 2: Dress Up

I love to dress up I always put a twist on my outfit to make it me! I hate when I see coaches dressed up like they're going to the club with 6inch heels and a "freakum dress" lol

Teal :D
Courtney always looks amazing...pretty, flattering teal top, classic black dress pants, and cute heels

i swear at worlds courtney changed like 4 times for finals. where she found the time to do that i have nooo idea but either way she looked stunning in every outfit!

Yes, but it looks like you had jeans on and could slip the shoes off and get on the practice mat and help with a hands on coaching instruction without stopping traffic.:D
haha I always bring an extra pair of shoes when I wear heels just in case!

The coaches at my gym coordinate what they're gonna wear, like cheetah, rhinestones, all black... stuff like that. But they always always always look nice :)

I like business casual, with some incorporation of team colors.... example, old gym colors were purple and gold, and my comp outfits were:

black pants with a purple button-down and a gold belt
grey pencil skirt with a yellow top and purple flats
purple and black dress with gold flats
purple sweater vest with yellow button-down and khakis (Preppysaurus Rex lol)

I say flats, because there's no way my a$$ is gonna be walking around all day in heels... comfort is also important, especially if you're going to be spotting skills in warmups:)

I wear dark jeans with a black polo with teal teamname+coach lettering
teal&black converse sneakers.

I wouldnt survive on heels, all the running around before and after, and most of all my insane coaches-dance during their routine.

we didnt do a real big competition yet, but i guess than id dress a bit more bussiness casual.

With as much running, spotting, and jumping up and down that our coaches do during a competition, wearing dressy clothes generally isn't a good option for us. If we only had a team or two, it might work OK, but it just isn't realistic for coaches to be in uncomfortable shoes/clothes for 14 hours at a time. We generally try to match, though.

We hope that on a competition day, the focus should be on the athletes and not the coaches anyway. Worlds/Nationals isn't about us (the coaches) and I don't necessarily care for anything done/worn by coaches that grabs attention away from the kids.

The hubs is a HS coach (of another sport). He laughs when I tell him how cheer coaches dress up. Now, at the HS, the wrestling and basketball coaches wear dress pants and ties....but every other sport the coaches are in khakis (pants or shorts), sneakers, and a polo with the school logo. I like that look the best. They look athletic, but because the whole coaching staff is wearing them-they are identifiable as the coaches.

At UCA, I've noticed a majority of HS coaches wearing polo's with the school logo. It's definitely my favorite look for the reasons you already stated.. athletic, but uniform as coaches whether they're practicing at the hotel or in the warm up room.

We have Staff t-shirts made every year. We normally coordinate which one we were which day. But we definitely wear Staff shirt and Jeans both days. I will never complain. I couldn't imagine running around at Myrtle Beach, where we bring all 4 gyms and close to 40-some teams, in 70+ degree weather in dress clothes for 14+ hours. More power to those who are able to, it looks great

At UCA, I've noticed a majority of HS coaches wearing polo's with the school logo. It's definitely my favorite look for the reasons you already stated.. athletic, but uniform as coaches whether they're practicing at the hotel or in the warm up room.

Yup, and you can get some really nice polos now. Land's End makes great ones, and there are the Under Armour ones. You can get ones that have a women's cut for your female staff and a men's one for your male staff. They look professional, put together and prepared for any spotting/emergency that could take place (ie: running across a convention center or, God forbid, in case of an injury when you'd have to be kneeling on the floor)

Yup, and you can get some really nice polos now. Land's End makes great ones, and there are the Under Armour ones. You can get ones that have a women's cut for your female staff and a men's one for your male staff. They look professional, put together and prepared for any spotting/emergency that could take place (ie: running across a convention center or, God forbid, in case of an injury when you'd have to be kneeling on the floor)

Yes! I've even seen some with matching baseball caps/visors that they wear outside during practices at the All-Star hotels. It looks really, really nice :)

me the "coach" and the rest of our coaches wear our colors .. red white and blue .. (tri-state cheer) so sometimes dressy sometimes casual .. all depends on what comp. we say wear w.e as long as you look cute ! lol

Latest posts

Back