All-Star What Happened To The Cheer In All Star Cheer Routines?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Peak Athletics still had their gym cheer/voice over in their music, although there were No motions for it or anything like that ( peak athletics the silver teal and black, straight from the Rockies WILDCATS) and so did cheer central (we're rising high above we're out of this world, the name you know and love cheers central let's go suns) except I think they've cut it down to just "cheer central let's go suns" in many of the mixes this year

This is our 9th season in all-star. Neither cp has ever had a cheer in her routine.

When cp first started in the mid 90's the routines were just like UCA college is today. You did a part to music, then the music stopped and you did your cheer, then the music started and you finished.

In the late 90's, there were two sets of divisions "cheer" and "all music". Then the cheer divisions went away in the early 00's.

The Fierce Board: If you're gonna be talked about, shouldn't you at least be here to defend yourself?

no harm intended but i completely hate the cheer in cheerleading. im sorry to the people have lived and practiced cheers in a routine their whole cheer career but i think it demeans our sport as a whole. if we really want to be taken seriously it should have been taken out, and im so glad it was. No persons going to think that yelling rhymes is a sport. ok sorry about my rant yall its just been bugging me for yeaaaarrrrssss.

Gone, amen and good riddance!! I always hated the cheer portion. For the school teams I coach, I actually put it at the beginning and then run about 2 min of straight music. I hate the music cheer music format. I find it makes the routine choppier and you waste valuable time waiting for music to stop and start. Lots of teams here though have their club cheer voice overed in their music, so you still hear it.

Too much else to do, and I'd rather yell at my team to pump us up and get our stunts hitting better than yell at the crowd to get them cheering for us. Hit your routine and the crowd will cheer for you anyway

no harm intended but i completely hate the cheer in cheerleading. im sorry to the people have lived and practiced cheers in a routine their whole cheer career but i think it demeans our sport as a whole. if we really want to be taken seriously it should have been taken out, and im so glad it was. No persons going to think that yelling rhymes is a sport. ok sorry about my rant yall its just been bugging me for yeaaaarrrrssss.
I prefer all music too, and am not a fan of cheers... however I don't think the cheer made it less of a sport. Anyone who has ever had to have the music stop and continue to do skill while yelling in the middle of a routine knows how hard it is. It's takes a lot more energy than you can ever imagine!

I started cheer in the 2009-2010 season, and my team had a cheer but we didn't say the words it was just a voiceover. We had a whole section of motions for it. Guess I joined pretty late and missed the boat on cheers

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

The name of our sport is "cheerleading," and as long as sideline cheerleading exists, regardless of the fact that allstar cheerleading has removed cheers, we will never be taken seriously by a majority of the general public.

The name of our sport is "cheerleading," and as long as sideline cheerleading exists, regardless of the fact that allstar cheerleading has removed cheers, we will never be taken seriously by a majority of the general public.
You do realize All Star cheerleading evolved from sideline cheerleading, right? Secondly, as long as there are basketball and football, there will be sideline cheerleading.

Sent from my HTCONE using Fierce Board mobile app

Back