All-Star What Is Your Cost?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know right? I am glad I am not the only one who thought that was obscene. LOL
I was thinking not even Sr. Elite, F5 or SS paid that much.

Little bit's newest uniform was half that. I have to see this $600 uniform M!

I'd probably have to seriously consider a horizontal part-time career:eek:
coffeescreen_zps912d075d.gif

Oh to be young again and have such unlimited career opportunities...

I don't know what we spend and I don't want to know..........

(What I expect to spend total this year not including Worlds $13,000) Honestly, I thought it was more than that. LOL And this is just with 1 cheering.

Back in the day, when I had all 3 doing it well......again......I probably don't want to know.

As far as I know my parents pay about 300 a month for 10 months for all star which includes tuition, comp fees, crossover fees, camps, clothes, etc. plus travel and private school tuition, plus all the costs for high school cheer like camps and uniforms and stuff, all together, I don't even want to know how much they pay for my so called "useless hobby" (according to my grandpa) needless to say, I am very appreciative of what my parents do for me :)

I cheer at a medium sized gym with four floors, AC, upstairs parent area, etc. The fees are about $2,750 a season. More if you're a Worlds or Summit athlete. Those fees don't include shoes, competition gifts, or travel fees. We have four regular season competitions that require staying in a hotel. That cost does include one tumbling class (an hour class with about 15 people in the class- no thanks), practice wear, coaching fees, uniforms, bows, competition fees, and choreography.

Onfire381, am not sure how ponderblue22 cp does it but I know for my cp on weeknights he works on his homework in the car on the way there and sleeps on the way home. The weekends are much easier to get work done and on weekends like this past one where he had extra practices he took his homework with him and did it at the house of the person he stayed with. He is no honors or AP student but does maintain a low 90's average.
Thanks! She tries to do her homework in the car, but 95% of her schoolwork is done on her school-issued iPad and sometimes the wifi connection isn't great so it usually has to wait until she gets home. Technology is great, but sometimes pen & paper is much easier, she's getting through it, sleep just suffers on practice nights...lol!

Medium Size Gym and cost varies depending on level. The cost is between $2,800+ - $3,100.
Tuition includes Comp Fees for roughly 10-11 Competitions (not including Worlds or The Summit). Some levels do not attend all of the competitions. Level 5 attends the highest amount of competitions.
Of course this does not include travel fees and the following:

Try out fee $35 (credited to your account if you stay with the gym so technically it's included you could say)
Camp - varies depending on level - about $200-$300
Shoes $80
Bow $20
New Uniform $400
Worlds Expenses ??? Varies year to year.

The above costs are x 2 for us with the exception of the Bow and the cost of 1 uniform.
One year I started to track all of the expenses including gas, tolls, hotel, food etc. and then I realized that I was just going to get depressed so I stopped. Like others have stated, I just choose to ignore the cost and live in denial.
I look at it like each out of town competition is a mini vacation except we are on an agenda dictated by competition schedule ;) .

this thread boggles my mind... maybe because i just graduated college and have $2000 to my name on a good day (aka the day my paycheck is deposited, and then it's gone)... i couldn't imagine spending that much.

and i know my parents did it for me, but i have a feeling it was no where near this much. ever. but it was also the 90's :p

Thanks! She tries to do her homework in the car, but 95% of her schoolwork is done on her school-issued iPad and sometimes the wifi connection isn't great so it usually has to wait until she gets home. Technology is great, but sometimes pen & paper is much easier, she's getting through it, sleep just suffers on practice nights...lol!
She.tries to work ahead but most is done in the car since they get home between 11:30 & 12:00.

Does her school have a block schedule (4 classes per day, but they're long) or a normal one? (7-8 short classes)? I'm assuming traditional since she has to do her HW every night. I could imagine doing it with a block schedule, (just do your hw on the nights you don't have practice, since you only have class every other day) but I can't imagine doing it with a traditional schedule! I'm up late enough already!! Props to her for making it work!

Does her school have a block schedule (4 classes per day, but they're long) or a normal one? (7-8 short classes)? I'm assuming traditional since she has to do her HW every night. I could imagine doing it with a block schedule, (just do your hw on the nights you don't have practice, since you only have class every other day) but I can't imagine doing it with a traditional schedule! I'm up late enough already!! Props to her for making it work!
No, traditional schedule and she only has a 15 minute lunch because she is in AP biology and it includes a lab and being that she is only a freshman, no optional classes. In middle school last year it was a block schedule so it was easier and a lighter homework load. She's making it work though not much time for anything else, but she is doing what she loves and that's what is important.

Work ahead on long term projects or can she get her daily assignments early?
Goes to a small private school so they know her schedule and most homework is given with a due date in the future. It is up to them to budget their time and organize so they can meet their deadline.

Back