All-Star What Is Your Cost?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

No, traditional schedule and she only has a 15 minute lunch because she is in AP biology and it includes a lab and being that she is only a freshman, no optional classes. In middle school last year it was a block schedule so it was easier and a lighter homework load. She's making it work though not much time for anything else, but she is doing what she loves and that's what is important.
Yikes. She must be so busy!
That's what I tell people when they ask me how I have time for everything - I do what I love, and that's what matters!

Goes to a small private school so they know her schedule and most homework is given with a due date in the future. It is up to them to budget their time and organize so they can meet their deadline.

Private schools can be awesome. One of my cp's teammates attends a private school and they work well with her and her cheer schedule. They will even waive gym class requirements if you can prove your child participates in a physical extracurricular activity for a minimum amount of time each week.

Private schools can be awesome. One of my cp's teammates attends a private school and they work well with her and her cheer schedule. They will even waive gym class requirements if you can prove your child participates in a physical extracurricular activity for a minimum amount of time each week.
Yes this school was the best option for our kids, but don't the wrong idea. Private school,all star cheer and excessive drives, this family does fundraising all year for cheer and the girls get scholarships and work for their schooling. Just your average family investing in their kids:)

this thread boggles my mind... maybe because i just graduated college and have $2000 to my name on a good day (aka the day my paycheck is deposited, and then it's gone)... i couldn't imagine spending that much.

and i know my parents did it for me, but i have a feeling it was no where near this much. ever. but it was also the 90's :p

Our fee's are due different times of the year and that helps A LOT. We're not a wealthy family by any stretch of the imagination....but as long as little bit loves it and is committed we will continue to pay. (And work......A LOT.....LMAO)

Say thank you to your parents.....unless they are independently wealthy I'll bet they had to make a few sacrifices but did it willingly because you loved it too!! :cool:

Our fee's are due different times of the year and that helps A LOT. We're not a wealthy family by any stretch of the imagination....but as long as little bit loves it and is committed we will continue to pay. (And work......A LOT.....LMAO)

Say thank you to your parents.....unless they are independently wealthy I'll bet they had to make a few sacrifices but did it willingly because you loved it too!! :cool:
This is what it's all about. And this is why I don't understand why anyone would ask parents already stretched thin financially because of cheer to pay $600 for a uniform. If it came with a contract stating that half the fee was being used to bribe judges so you can win every competition you attend, at least it might have some logic. But rhinestones won't make any team win. Just look pretty. And that message is...ugh. So wrong in so many ways.

DH found cp's comp bow (I feel like I talk in such code on here sometimes) in the bathroom yesterday and held it up like it would bite him asking "And how much did this bow cost?" Of course this thread immediately came to mind. I shrugged it off, saying "oh, that was part of the bow and makeup package, paid for over the summer".

DH found cp's comp bow (I feel like I talk in such code on here sometimes) in the bathroom yesterday and held it up like it would bite him asking "And how much did this bow cost?" Of course this thread immediately came to mind. I shrugged it off, saying "oh, that was part of the bow and makeup package, paid for over the summer".

Lol, I do that too with my DH. Using words like "it's only..., it's included..., discounted..." And my favorite "we are already there anyway" for privates and extra tumbling.

I'm at one of the most expensive cheer gyms in the UK. Until now I never realised how much money it actually costs. I can't wait to get home and give my dad a big hug to thank him for letting me participate in this sport.

Tuition - £60 x 11 months - £660 ($1059)
Music and Choreography - £30 ($48)
Uniform - £70 ($112)
Bow - £7 ($11)
Cheer Shoes - £75 ($120)
Competition Fees - £136 (($218)
Warmups - £65 ($105)
Practice wear - £72 ($115)

Total = £1115 ($1789)

In Germany my season costs me about 900 Euros including everything
In the UK my season will cost me about 1200$, basically my whole scholarship money, but oh well, i wanted it that way so its fine

Back