High School What Is Your School's Uniform Purchasing System?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My cp's high school gets new uniforms every year, paid for by parents. She just had tryouts and the total estimate is $850 for everything. I have not gotten a cost break down yet but last time we did high school cheer it included all uniform pieces, shoes, poms, bag, warm-ups, bows, camp clothes...she also had an away game uniform that she returned at the end of the season. It all comes from Varsity, a deposit made on uniform fitting day, the rest in monthly payments. Cp said she doesn't think they get that away uniform again. Which is disappointing because it was gorgeous.

I'd guess the difference in our prices would be the cold-weather items required here. ;)

Intersting, I've never heard of that before.

We do the same, so I'm sure it's a Varsity thing. I feel like she said we had to pay half upfront and Varsity would accept payments after that. I'm not positive if the entire package could be paid that way.

I'm not excited about the costs, but we live in an area where the costs aren't completely outlandish. Last year something like 50 kids were cut from cheer.

My son plays high school baseball and that is funded by the school...but I've still had to pay $250+ for the "suggested" apparel and a bag...plus his personal equipment (only a new glove required for him this year so far...to the tune of $375...literally just picked up the price tag from my driveway...his dad purchased it). Youth sports are crazy, all around, these days.

We do the same, so I'm sure it's a Varsity thing. I feel like she said we had to pay half upfront and Varsity would accept payments after that. I'm not positive if the entire package could be paid that way.

I'm not excited about the costs, but we live in an area where the costs aren't completely outlandish. Last year something like 50 kids were cut from cheer.

My son plays high school baseball and that is funded by the school...but I've still had to pay $250+ for the "suggested" apparel and a bag...plus his personal equipment (only a new glove required for him this year so far...to the tune of $375...literally just picked up the price tag from my driveway...his dad purchased it). Youth sports are crazy, all around, these days.
I can seeing why things might be expensive (to a certain extent, of course), but I feel like fundraising options should be available. You never know when you might get a kid one year that can't even afford cheer shoes.

I can seeing why things might be expensive (to a certain extent, of course), but I feel like fundraising options should be available. You never know when you might get a kid one year that can't even afford cheer shoes.

Last year, our cheer team was able to fundraise $600 per child. ;)

That's awesome! How did you do it?

Like I said, my daughter is an 8th grader trying out for the first time. I know they did a few cheer camps, but I don't know what else. Fundraising is ALWAYS possible. I've mentioned in other threads,that I've paid for two years of allstar cheer (including travel) 100% by working concessions for our booster. It's a lot of work, but I don't work outside the home, so I manage.

Back