What Makes A Good Coach?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

from a parent's perspecitve I would want someone who could motivate my child to push beyond what she thought she could do without needing to be ugly to do it. Someone who can push her to give 110%, but encourage her at the same time. Someone with enough knowledge of the sport to be able to utilize every athelete's strenghts in the best possible way.

As a parent I would like a coach that could keep the kids in order and focused without screaming and down grading. A coach who points out positives and not just negatives. A coach that does not have a personal relationship with any of the kids on the squad or their parents. A coach that doesn't have favorites but decides placements based on skills and performance alone. A coach that gives equal attention to the strongest members and weakest members of a squad. A coach that works to make practice fun and productive.

titaniummom said:
As a parent I would like a coach that could keep the kids in order and focused without screaming and down grading. A coach who points out positives and not just negatives. A coach that does not have a personal relationship with any of the kids on the squad or their parents. A coach that doesn't have favorites but decides placements based on skills and performance alone. A coach that gives equal attention to the strongest members and weakest members of a squad. A coach that works to make practice fun and productive.

This sounds pretty much like part of our checklist for hiring new coaches. Awesome

Back