What Now?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 19, 2015
Hi All,

After 12 years my daughters allstar cheerleading career is over or is it? She has coached for the past 2 years and probably one of the best gyms in the East Coast of the US. Any ideas of what comes next? Completed 4 years on her High School team as well including their comp team.

College cheer? If she's looking for something more allstar-y, an NCA school would best fit those needs (more flashy, allstar-type routine). UCA is more tight, clean and focused on crowd leading, but many end up liking that style a lot if not more than other styles. Just depends on the athlete!

Allstar International teams (age 14+) are also an option. Ask your CP what she is most interested in.

College, IO5, IO6 for all-star, coaching opportunities, judging, state associations/committees. There's lots she can do if she still wants to be involved.

College cheer? If she's looking for something more allstar-y, an NCA school would best fit those needs (more flashy, allstar-type routine). UCA is more tight, clean and focused on crowd leading, but many end up liking that style a lot if not more than other styles. Just depends on the athlete!

Allstar International teams (age 14+) are also an option. Ask your CP what she is most interested in.
College is not an option as she attends a college with no cheer team. No decent IO teams in our area. Our old gym doesn't have one at all. Thanks for the response.

Teams may not be decent but even bad IO teams are a chance to keep cheering.

Can she continue coaching at a local gym or prepare for next summer try for NCA/UCA camp staff?

**If you must negative rate me please tag me in a post and let me know so I can celebrate**

Back