What Should I Have Lined Up For Startup Team?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 22, 2013
I used the search tool trying to look for new team start-up info so I wouldn't be repetitive but I'm not doing it right or having very little luck. Forgive me if this is a question that's been beat up and down the block. LOL

I am trying to start up an All-Star Prep program in my area. Financially a lower cost obligation would suit the community better. I am curious about other start ups and how you all went about it. Here are some of my main questions. :)

1. Did you start small in a school gym, Y or some other venue and grow into a building, or did you lease a building, equipment etc. and start with a bang?

2. If you lease/financed equipment, what did you start with and could you give me an approximate monthly operating cost?

3. Approximately how many cheerleaders did you start out with? How many teams?

4. How many coaches did you hire on?

5. What do you know now that you wish someone would have told you then (at startup)?

6. Did you insure yourself for liability?

7. What did/do you charge for All-Star Prep?

8. How do you fold covering coaches travel cost and such into a payment plan for your parents?

9. Did you hire an attorney to help you with a release form or did you mimic/create one yourself?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I want to try and do this as *right* as possible. :)

Leia

Back