All-Star What Team Are You Or Your Cp On?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I guess it could work. The tumbling aspect wouldn't concern me as much as having inexperienced flyers/bases attempting Level 4 stunts. Although I think Level 4 basing seems to be more feasible to me for a Level 1 kid to learn and progress in than flying.

It just seems odd to me that such a large gym is plugging new kids in at such a high level rather than at the very least, a Senior 2 if nothing else. Is every new kid (as in never cheered before and has Level 1 or even no skills) at CEA placed Level 3 or higher?

Any other gyms placing Level 1 kids on 3, 4, or 4.2?

I can totally see that some kids can come in and pick up skills at that level in no time (especially younger kids) but what about those who can't?

Last year we had a j1 and a senior 4.2 so we had several brand new kids on our 4.2 team and they were pretty successful.

This year we have a j1, j2, and a 4.2 their team placement depended on the kid and how they pick up/progress.

We have other teams also and out of the eight competitive teams we have, four are levels 1/2. Which has been awesome because there is a spot for everyone even if they have never cheered before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In regards to new athletes (not been involved in cheerleading before) starting at level 1, I started cheer at 14 and I started at a level 6 team. Thinking back it sounds crazy, but some how it all worked out.

So ECP Majesty SR 4.2 is cp's new team for the 2015-2016 season. So proud of her. From sr2 to 4.2!!! Yea still bhs but harder flying stunts lol
Totally forgot to add that my 5 year old son is joining the cheer world as well!!! He is on ECP Jewels (their Tiny Exhibition Team). He's excited and will be starting tumbling classes level 1 hopefully next week!!!

I guess it could work. The tumbling aspect wouldn't concern me as much as having inexperienced flyers/bases attempting Level 4 stunts. Although I think Level 4 basing seems to be more feasible to me for a Level 1 kid to learn and progress in than flying.

It just seems odd to me that such a large gym is plugging new kids in at such a high level rather than at the very least, a Senior 2 if nothing else. Is every new kid (as in never cheered before and has Level 1 or even no skills) at CEA placed Level 3 or higher?

Any other gyms placing Level 1 kids on 3, 4, or 4.2?

I can totally see that some kids can come in and pick up skills at that level in no time (especially younger kids) but what about those who can't?
My new gym is super small, they only field a Youth 1 and Senior 4.2. Kids age straight off from the Youth 1 and go to 4.2 and some new girls can't even do preps or handsprings at the beginning of the season.

Back