All-Star What Type Of Mom/dad Do You Like To See At Competitions?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 12, 2011
What kind of parents do you like to see at competitions? The crazy cheer mom, the middle mom, the mom who just goes, or the cheer dad?

The ones that aren’t crazy, obnoxious, and downright mean. I personally just like the ones that sit nicely in the stands, and cheer for every team (clap along) don’t talk S***, quietly get up and move down to the cheering section for their cp’s team (understanding their spot may not be there when they get back), cheer for their child/children. End of story.

I like parents who have a clue about what's going on on the floor and take their highlighted, check-marked schedule so we can periodically get updates as needed! But then, I also ike the parents whose child is a beast 9-year-old with a 1 to double and competition day just means "Dippin Dots," to them - no pressure!

I like parents who have a clue about what's going on on the floor and take their highlighted, check-marked schedule so we can periodically get updates as needed! But then, I also ike the parents whose child is a beast 9-year-old with a 1 to double and competition day just means "Dippin Dots," to them - no pressure!

hmmmm I know some like that! (all of j5)

I like parents who don't stand in front of me. I like watching all teams. Sit down during a performance - move after and before the next team starts. I also enjoy meeting new parents. At US finals I chatted with a dream Allstar mom whose child is on j5, as is my cp. She and I cheered both teams equally. That was so fun.

I love cheer moms that are willing to go crazy for their daughter while she's competing. Even if the cp happens to miss a few counts, that child is still the best thing since sliced bread! I DO NOT like it when the child gets off the floor and the parent is all over them about slightly messing up or...your jump wasn't high enough....that drives me nuts.

Of course I love any dad that is willing to be there for everything! We had a "team dad or manager" for one of my teams and he was spectacular! Stayed out of the drama and did anything for those kids.

I like cheer moms like my mom....that'll show up in a team shirt or color, sit quietly and respectfully, show up to priority seating on time, be there after the performance to watch the playback and give my sister a hug and tell my sister she did good (even if its a lie and the whole team crashed and burned), hold my sisters cheer stuff so that I don't have to, leave in enough time to ambush a table at the CNN center (Cheersport)....occasionally she'll climb ontop of a chair to watch Senior Elite...she stays out of the coaches way...stays away from the hotel bar since she doesn't drink...normally makes time to go sight seeing with my 5 yo niece (her granddaughter)...she also sits quietly while sed grandaughter sleeps on her lap during all of day two... (but like I said she moves her to the side and stands on a chair to watch Senior Elite)...

Shes also pretty good about sitting with my cellphone while it charges at an outlet.

Basically one that is supportive while not living vicariously thru their daughter/son/coaches/judge/announcer/person that does the lights and opens the curtains....

And I hate...hate hate...HATE to see the mom rocking last years team bow and make up... you look foolish. quit it.

I love cheer parents that:
  • Wear team colors at competitions
  • Cheer for all the competing teams
  • Don't get their CPs hopes up before awards. If you're not a judge with a score sheet, don't tell your 11-year old their team is going to win for sure (same goes for coaches I might add)
  • Encourage their CP after their performance, regardless of how it went
  • Promote good sportmanship by never ever saying anything bad about another team in front of their CP

Latest posts

Back