What's The Difference Between Junior And Senior?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 18, 2012
Is there a difference in skill level? I have seen younger girls in the senior division even though there is a junior team for the same level and I don't get why?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Umm there's no difference but age. On my team we have girls on the youth team who are on our senior team either because of there tumbling or their flying ability.

I have seen younger girls in the senior division even though there is a junior team for the same level and I don't get why?
That's because, usually, while the division does EXIST, their gym can't field a team in the division. For example, my gym has a senior 3. Junior 3 is also a division. We have some junior-aged girls on our senior three, because that's the only level three we have. Sure, if we had a Junior 3 we would put them there, but we don't have enough juniors who are level 3 to make a separate team, so they go on our senior 3.
Like if we have 10 senior-age and 10 junior age who are level 3, we combine the groups to make a team of 20

Umm there's no difference but age. On my team we have girls on the youth team who are on our senior team either because of there tumbling or their flying ability.

Ok, but shouldn't the tumbling skill be the same on both senior and junior if they are the same level?

Back