When A Coach Favors One Cheerleader Over All The Others?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I mean no disrespect, but the children who often need the help of fundraising the most usually have parents that are not present or active in their lives. I understand it can be very frustrating for the other parents of girls on the team and I wouldn't never dream of asking anyone to foot the bill for someone else's child, but fundraising should help those who need it the most, not just those who are able to participate the most.

Shimmy a million times!

Do you have another flyer? You never told us if you do. If you have another flyer and she can pull positions and has control in the air, then I see no reason as to why your coach is concerned. You are correct, a team can go from 30 to 10 and still win, HOWEVER, those 10 athletes would still have to meet the maximum criteria on a score card to be realistic competitors at a National level. This is where your 14 athlete team can not win with 2 stunt groups, it isn't realistic. You told us that was the issue and we told you your coach is correct.

rose, you are angry and disappointed but, to me, it appears you are looking for a sacrificial lamb (the messenger/coach). You, also, whether you want to admit it or not, are setting up a child to be bullied for something that is out of her control. Having a strong point flyer is a good thing for your team and has nothing to do with him playing favorites. Perspective....you are looking to get the School Administration involved to take revenge on a volunteer coach because, he said, "your team can't win without her"....but, from what you told us, he is correct. My suggestion, take the high road, you will most certainly feel better about it in the end. If the team parents do not have the money to help this child go, accept reality, stay home, and tell your kids how proud you are of them and their season OR go without her and enjoy the experience. If you all have the money to send her, then I say put your anger aside, help out a team member, and have a great time at Nationals. Best of luck to all of you!

Back