When Did You Start All Star Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

OMG I think about this all the time. I kick myself for hind sight. If I hadnt spent three years at a gym that I didn't realize didn't know how to coach tumbling....then spend 18 months fixing her...she'd be spinning right now. Oh well, at least now she's progressing correctly :)
Think about how much she gained in life lessons and character, how to conduct herself with dignity, class and respect for others. Definitely how NOT to act when you're caught out or things don't go your way. She knows first hand how hard it is to correct skills so the likelihood of her getting impatient and rushing progression, increasing risk of injury, isn't going to happen (although your coaches sound like they're all over perfection before progression). If she has an innate talent for the sport it's probably given her a bit of humility and understanding/patience for those who struggle with skills. I have LOVED all the aviator videos that you've posted, that gym's got heart. The cheer dad and his son makes me all blinky. Still sucks that you spent three years of time and money with a batshizzle cray-cray woman ;)

Think about how much she gained in life lessons and character, how to conduct herself with dignity, class and respect for others. Definitely how NOT to act when you're caught out or things don't go your way. She knows first hand how hard it is to correct skills so the likelihood of her getting impatient and rushing progression, increasing risk of injury, isn't going to happen (although your coaches sound like they're all over perfection before progression). If she has an innate talent for the sport it's probably given her a bit of humility and understanding/patience for those who struggle with skills. I have LOVED all the aviator videos that you've posted, that gym's got heart. The cheer dad and his son makes me all blinky. Still sucks that you spent three years of time and money with a batshizzle cray-cray woman ;)
You are so right :) I shimmy you a bazillion times!

My CP started at four years old on the tinys. This week she will be trying out for her third season. She is with a competive gymI would say. She lives and breaths cheer. She streches everyday, practices tumbling skills at home as well as flying. She started cheering because she asked but would not think she would love it this much. Cheerleading has helped her with not being as shy and being more outspoken.

OMG I think about this all the time. I kick myself for hind sight. If I hadnt spent three years at a gym that I didn't realize didn't know how to coach tumbling....then spend 18 months fixing her...she'd be spinning right now. Oh well, at least now she's progressing correctly :)

It is harder to realize when your there. To be honest I thought it was great while we were there. My cp was progressing way faster then the others her age but she was struggling on simple things. She could have super long tumbling passes because she was little but they all looked so janky. Her BHS is pretty now and I never thought I would say that and her tucks don't look like she was struggling to get around. I too think my cp may be a lot further down the road but I can't really be mad. My daughter is really young she has plenty of years to get her full who said she had to have it at 7?

Btw, I read what you wrote in the other thread about feeling guilty and it all sounds so familiar. Luckily we didn't experience all the harsh things y'all did but y'all are at an amazing gym from what I can tell! So I'm happy it all has worked itself out!

Well I wanted to start cheer in fifth grade. I will be starting all star this year at a small gym. I tried out for Just Cheer and I made Junior 1, but I didn't want to commit at such a low level. So this year I'll be at a new team.

I was 13 when I started cheerleading. I had danced for my all star program the year before and spent the entire season gawking at our senior coed elite team (it was 2002 before levels). My mother had also spent the year watching the amazing skills of the all star teams, so when I asked to try out for cheerleading the next year, she said yes.

I started with a roundoff as a front spot on a junior intermediate team. I weighed probably 75 pounds but I had no body control or muscle and was a horrendous flyer. Within 2 years I had gotten jumps-to-tuck and a roundoff-handspring tuck and was placed on senior coed 5. That was the best day of my entire life.

Now I'm 21 and just as passionate about the sport as a was 8 years ago. With time and training I have become a DI college flyer, a secondary base and a decent tumbler. I am a leader and have more confidence than ever. Cheerleading has done all of that for me.

When I have kids, I plan on putting them in gymnastics at a young age. If they want to go the gymnastics route, we'll take that road. If they want to cheer, I'll let them cheer. If they want to play soccer, I'll let them play soccer. However, no matter what they do, I want them to have coaches that teach dedication, teamwork and respect just like my coaches taught me.

My daughter who is now 18 started in utero, well after I started my first cheer program in 1985. I've been in the industry since 1977. I tend to take to small gyms because I am a small gym owner. I tend to open them up in rural areas to help underpreviledge cheerleaders see that there is a whole new world of cheerleading beyond these walls. I try to prepare them for high school and potential scholarship for college. It's been a struggle but with help of positive people and supportive parents the DREAM LIVES ON!!!

CP started all star in kindergarten. My other daughter did 1 year of competetive rec when she was 13.

I started in 2000, I was 12 years old, and never knew what allstar cheerleading was until i joined Hotcheer Allstars. I think around that time, allstar cheerleading was becoming a big thing, especially around my area.

My daughter started at 10. She had taught herself a back hand spring, but other than that no formal tumbling. She started on a junior level 3 team and has loved it ever since.

I started cheering at 8 years old on my town team. I cheered there for 2 years and then i had to have back surgery because i had scoliosis at 10 years old. i started cheering again as fast as i could, which was the end of 7th grade. i've been cheering ever since!

I started cheer when I was 5, just on a pop warner team. I then transitioned to all-stars when I was in 7th grade. Best decision of my life :)

Back