All-Star When Do Your Teams Learn Their Routine?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

O
No this year everyone that gets a bid is going:) Trust me we were so upset .. Like we got an at large at every single competition. Maybe summit should have a trade in 5 at larges equal 1 paid. Just saying! Lol They wanted us to go badly and think we would have done well. We wanted the paid NCA bid the most but being 3rd in line for the only 2 paids was the biggest let down for all the girls! My daughter messed up on day 2 at NCA and although we scored extremely well I can't help but wonder if her mistake caused us to lose the bid. Ohhh well...

The good news is we are going to a huge amount of summit bid comps this year. We are getting an earlier start and will have competed quite a few times by the first good summit comp. They think we will all get paids but just in case what happened to our j2 last year happens this year they will allow us to go and parents know about it a year in advance. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Our previous gym went to summit. I really wish it had rules about crossovers similar to NCA nationals. From what I have heard the gym we are with this year does not go to summit even if you get a full paid bid. Since they allow R5 girls to also compete on level 2 teams , I am not that disappointed about missing out on summit. With that said I am excited to hear how your girl does at Summit this year! :)

O

Our previous gym went to summit. I really wish it had rules about crossovers similar to NCA nationals. From what I have heard the gym we are with this year does not go to summit even if you get a full paid bid. Since they allow R5 girls to also compete on level 2 teams , I am not that disappointed about missing out on summit. With that said I am excited to hr how your girl does at Summit this year! :)
Oh wow I didn't notice they didn't go to Summit! That is crazy. Do you know if they got any paids last year? Like maybe they didn't ever talk about it because it didn't happen but would maybe change their mind if it was paid this year. I just assumed they did! Thank you I'm excited at the thought of Summit again but I must clarify after the summit happened I didn't even care anymore we didn't go like look how much money I saved! Lol can't wait to see y'all a bunch this year!

Oh wow I didn't notice they didn't go to Summit! That is crazy. Do you know if they got any paids last year? Like maybe they didn't ever talk about it because it didn't happen but would maybe change their mind if it was paid this year. I just assumed they did! Thank you I'm excited at the thought of Summit again but I must clarify after the summit happened I didn't even care anymore we didn't go like look how much money I saved! Lol can't wait to see y'all a bunch this year!

Unrelated but i go to a brand new gym and our coach was like "we aren't going to the summit" and then i mentioned that i went to summit and theres another girl on this team that was on my old team last year, and we were talking about it and now our coach just wants to get a bid already lol!

Yes, from what I understand they did receive some paid bids. The last comp. level 1 - R5 attends is NCA nationals. Then level 5's of course go to worlds. This will actually work well for me and my kids! :) But, I will pay for the live Summit feed to watch my friends CP's at Stars!

Choreo is in August I believe (not sure what time of the month but school starts in the middle so probably the beginning). We start competing Nov. 22

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Cp's gym does not do formal choreo (at least they haven't so far). The stunts get pieced together over the summer, tumbling sections added in, and the dance is typically the last part completed. They do not start competing until January though (possibly December but that is usually a stretch).

CP's gym has two separate choreo sessions, one in June for stunts/pyramid (or in our case stunts and opening/jumps formation). This is 2 days and focuses mostly on team bonding.
They do another separate choreo later in the summer for transitions and motions, etc. The time for session 2 is based off availability of majority of the athletes. Most of the routine is put together during regular summer practices, though.

We have a few clinics in July to get our stunts & pyramid.
Then the first week of August we get our entire routine choreography.
First comp. is in December.

My rec team starts practice the first week in August. We start working the routine right then... along with football cheers. Our first comp is the second week in October. Should be fun, as this year the comp team is practicing and cheering at games with the other kids who just want to do football cheer and not compete - so I have to choreograph a routine that includes everyone for halftimes/end of the season showcase, but can be modified to remove the non-competing kids to be used as a competition routine. Fun, fun, fun!

My rec team starts practice the first week in August. We start working the routine right then... along with football cheers. Our first comp is the second week in October. Should be fun, as this year the comp team is practicing and cheering at games with the other kids who just want to do football cheer and not compete - so I have to choreograph a routine that includes everyone for halftimes/end of the season showcase, but can be modified to remove the non-competing kids to be used as a competition routine. Fun, fun, fun!
Make the non comp girls their own stunt groups and maybe (depending how many) their own pyramid? That's what we do for school cheer, except for pyramid there aren't enough to really do anything with so they just nugget. That way it doesn't affect any stunts when they're not there, and they're kind of in their own row in formations (and each other's opposites) so we don't really have to change it we just pull them out.

Choreo is finalized in August, but over the summer the girl's are already learning parts of it. First comp is Nov 22nd.

Back