High School When Does The Clock Start To Tick (comp)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 7, 2010
Our choreographed put a cool 4 count pose before our opening. They pose, then the music starts and they stunt. Question: Does the 4 count pose count as part of the 2:30 or does it start when the music starts? (or cheer is in the middle).
Thanks.

That depends on the rules for that particular competition. Some say "starts with the first sound of music", some "starts with the first organized movement" (or something like that). Depending on what your rules say they either start taking the time with the pose, or when the music begins.

I know that the UCA rules state first choreographed movement or music beat. I would say it is part of the choreography and counts.

I read in several places the routine starts either first movement and/or when music starts -- I guess, most rules are putting it like this because mostly in AS cheer there is music, but in other types of cheerleading, they may not used music... So cover all bases and considered the routine starting at first movement to be on the safe side... JMO

I've seen lots of rules that say "first choreographed movement" and I've never seen it called.

But verify with the EP before you walk on the floor.

I don't think I would risk it for UCA school competitions. So many teams start with a cheer without music, so it could be perceived as choreography to begin the routine. As @ACEDAD said, in all star I've seen it as a rule, but never called, but it's obvious the music hasn't started so the routine hasn't started. If you're going to any other local competitions, I'd check with the EPs so you don't get penalized.

In my day of school cheer, it was first sound of music or the one girl yelling "ready" right before the cheer... But it's been a while.

Back