All-Star When Does Your Gym Start Competing For Season?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 17, 2009
Wondering if some of you could post when your gym starts competing for season. It seems some of the bigger gyms start in Oct/Nov, but then I have talked to parents from gyms that do not start competitions until mid-January. Wondering what effect that has on how your teams do (out early vs. out later) and when they peak during the season.

We start in November and I like it. The competitions are spread out so that there are no back to back to back. Plus November is low key and a chance to shake the nerves out before the big comps start.

October 27.

I wouldn't like waiting until January to compete! In IL most teams compete October-March (or very, very early April) so not starting until January would cut comp season in half pretty much.

We start in June!

But, we are an Australian team haha. Our comp season runs from June - end of October, and then we have summer off. :)

USA Wildcats start first week in December. We usually have a showcase the week before.

Late October and they are really spread out 8 total. First year with this program, its gonna take some time to get used to this schedule!

Showcase late October, first comp Nov 9th (?). Usually our first isn't until December, we are starting a month early this year.

Back