All-Star When Tick-tocking...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

chyeeaaa69

The Beygency. . best GIFs/Memes
Dec 14, 2009
I have wondered this for a while, and am just now getting around to asking about it.
When tick tocking from a body position to scale or scorp, is score effected by how quickly the end result of the body position is hit? For example, Stars 2011 (when they tick tocked to scale) hit the top of the scale almost instantly, whereas I've seen countless examples where there's a pause with the hand on the leg, then extended. (Working the same way with scorps. Tick tock to the initial grabbing position, then the scorp is pulled)
Here are video examples of what I mean.
1:30 ish

:51 ish

I would assume that it would score more for difficulty or over all effect. But grabbing and pulling seems much cleaner when done all together.

That probably helps you none but just what I think :)

I can only guess that it would be more in terms of execution/overall impression. Maybe a smidge in difficulty, but that can be negated in terms of cleanliness/execution, so you'd be back to where you started lol. Like how stars pulls it right away MIGHT be more difficult in terms of timing it right and skill to do it that fast, but it wasn't necessarily the prettiest thing I've seen, so it's probably a wash. I mean, if you tocked to scorp and your leg is up super fast (instead of tock to other leg, grab ankle, pull and hit pose!), and it was gorgeously clean and together, maybe you'd get another half a point or whatever..but I can't say for sure.

I'd let you know if I could see every teams scoresheet, but with something this minor, not really any difference. If I had two teams in the same division, I'd give it to the one who executed it faster if they were both clean.

Executing it flawlessly will score you more than whatever it is you pull. But in theory, if there is a pause, it is a tick tock to lib. So a tick tock to a body position would score you slightly higher depending on a lot of other factors.

Back