Which Is Better: High School Or All-star

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i personally like high school because one iv never done all star but mainly because i have trouble on somethings and i know all star wouldn't help me like the people on my high school team do, and its much less stressful i feel.

I think it depends on the high school program in your town. If the high school is hugely competitive... then the need to do a competitive all star program is not as great. I think both high school AND all stars are excellent options. Especially if schedules allow for both. One really does assist the other. I think both AS and HS offer some similarities, but there are a ton of differences --obviously AS is less practice / committment and HS the athletes have to represent at games. Nobody can say for sure which is "better" or more important than the other. :)

Where I live, high school cheerleading hardly exists. The only good people are already on a club team pretty much .

I have had the opportunity to do both, and I personally have to choose HS. To some of you who say AS practice is harder; I will have to disagree....and we must also keep in mind the level of competition your HS competes at will determine your answer. Our season starts with tryouts in May and runs through March. My HS (Burlington Township) is the current small varsity national champs and it is no small task. With that being said, which ever you prefer, for what ever reason, it is all cheerleading and as long as you are having fun and is happy :)

i do both as well...i like the competitiveness of of allstar but i like the leadership and spirit you need for highschool! I love to be team leader so highschool is fun...i could never stop either!

I like All-Star way better .. I give props to high school cheerleaders because it is kinda hard to cheer and stunt .. but All-Star is WAY more interesting and doesnt take forever to watch .. or at least doesnt seem like it cause you dont have to listen to cheers . All Star also has more levels and the high levels like 4 and 5 are fun to watch and you dont get that with high school .

they are both very useful for any cheerleader. they teach you a lot of the same, but also very different things about this sport.

if i'd pick i would say school, but i also loved allstar :)

i think all star is better because i did high school my freshamn year of high school and all i had was drama but i turned to all star cheerleading it gave me a different perspective on things and it also gave me a lot more confedience than before also it gave me a better out look on life so i think all star is a lot better than high school :)

Back