All-Star Who do you consider the ORIGINAL "CHEERLEBRITIES"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

what makes Maddie Gardner a cheerlebritiy?

The fans. They love her. Whether one agrees with whether she deserves her noteriety or not, follow her around at Jamfest, Cheersport or Worlds. I really cannot explain the phenomenon, and won't try, except to say she is a good kid, does things the right way, sets a good example athletically, ethically, morally and goes out of her way to be nice to everyone that walks up to her, calls her, pms her, texts her and she seems to be a natural with people. That all said, the essence of this thread is the original cheercelebrities and she is not an origninal at all, give that to the Victors, Kevins, Jeff Webbs and whomever else someone feels is entitled. She is a recent one that the mass media made more available, especially youtube and social networking. And although I'm not unbiased, she represents the industry well. And will for another year and a half, and then she will move on.

The kids that do the videos on youtube and facebook are mostly young girls that are just trying to show their interest in her and cheerleading. Many are foreign and just wanting to be part of something in cheer. It may seem creepy to many, but they mean no harm, and most of them are just wanting to be part of cheerleading, and that is not that different from many that post here not to interact with her per se but to belong to some level with the cheer industry. The vast majority seem to have modest means, and a lot of foreign kids, especially from Europe and South America. We watch her closely at competitions as much as possible. And I would never argue that she was more deserving of status than the vast numbers of talented all stars. She just happens to have been the right person at the right time, and that could change tonight.

"Quote about Maddie that I didn't wanna repost for space's sake"

FWIW, Maddie is one of the sweetest, most humble people I've ever met. I accidentally shrieked when I turned around and there she was (Am I embarrassed? No. Should I be? ...Probably.) and she didn't even laugh at me. Talked to her for a bit and got a picture. She seemed genuinely interested in chatting and totally down to earth. Applause to you for raising such an awesome kid.

And now...back to your regularly scheduled discussion...

FWIW, Maddie is one of the sweetest, most humble people I've ever met. I accidentally shrieked when I turned around and there she was (Am I embarrassed? No. Should I be? ...Probably.) and she didn't even laugh at me. Talked to her for a bit and got a picture. She seemed genuinely interested in chatting and totally down to earth. Applause to you for raising such an awesome kid.

And now...back to your regularly scheduled discussion...

Thank you so much. If you are at BATC again, say hello.

Back