OT Who Else Is "camera Crazy"?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Nov 16, 2011
Anyone else got Camera Crazy disease? Symptoms include a growth from your hands or midsection that says Canon or Nikon or similar; a perpetual weird look in your eye from looking through a view finder; strange look on your face as you imagine how EVERYTHING would look as a picture; your right hand is permantly shaped like its holding a camera, your trigger finger has a huge calus and the telltale sign, if you are not wearing your camera people dont recognize you.

I have it BAD!

In 2011, I was Panther Paparazzi, Cheerhawks Paparazzi, and Paparazzi Pictures. Combined, I posted over 30,000 pictures! It started out as just ALLSTAR Panthers and Mill Creek High School. Then it was all the teams where I knew an athlete or a parent or a coach. Then it was all the teams that I had a Fan on a facebook page. Then I had so many that I had to open a SmugMug account just to have a place to store the pictures(and you can download/order prints). I am so glad we dont have to pay to get film developed anymore.

Looking forward to 2012! It's going to be even bigger I think, as the number of fans grows and requests for specific pictures from Moms and Dads keep coming in. I've never been to Worlds, I think that would be cool to get pictures there.

Can I change my profile name to Paparazzi without having to start over?
376275_283955318311081_114512928588655_873031_828191877_n.jpg

Anyone else got Camera Crazy disease? Symptoms include a growth from your hands or midsection that says Canon or Nikon or similar; a perpetual weird look in your eye from looking through a view finder; strange look on your face as you imagine how EVERYTHING would look as a picture; your right hand is permantly shaped like its holding a camera, your trigger finger has a huge calus and the telltale sign, if you are not wearing your camera people dont recognize you.

I have it BAD!

In 2011, I was Panther Paparazzi, Cheerhawks Paparazzi, and Paparazzi Pictures. Combined, I posted over 30,000 pictures! It started out as just ALLSTAR Panthers and Mill Creek High School. Then it was all the teams where I knew an athlete or a parent or a coach. Then it was all the teams that I had a Fan on a facebook page. Then I had so many that I had to open a SmugMug account just to have a place to store the pictures(and you can download/order prints). I am so glad we dont have to pay to get film developed anymore.

Looking forward to 2012! It's going to be even bigger I think, as the number of fans grows and requests for specific pictures from Moms and Dads keep coming in. I've never been to Worlds, I think that would be cool to get pictures there.

Can I change my profile name to Paparazzi without having to start over?
376275_283955318311081_114512928588655_873031_828191877_n.jpg
I can't answer your question, but I just want to say that I'm a photographer too. It's the best, right? :) I take photos at a lot of cheerleading competitions in Sweden and also some in Europe. And then I post them all on my blog!

I can't answer your question, but I just want to say that I'm a photographer too. It's the best, right? :) I take photos at a lot of cheerleading competitions in Sweden and also some in Europe. And then I post them all on my blog!
Excellent! Do you have a link to your blog?
I went ahead and created a new account "Paparazzi". I didnt see anyway to change the old name over.

This one girl on my teams mom is camera crazy... after four years of it I've learned to run and hide when I see her, lmao.

Love the jacket, but you spelled my name incorrectly ;)
LOL! The picture is of the back of my shirt... I have two others that are embroidered with Panther Paparazzi on the back.
Do we need to order you a "Mamarazzi" shirt?

Ahhh! I am also this way. Not just with photos, but also with filming anything and everything. I love making documentaries and I am very good at editing... Jay from 2by2 is my inspiration! I love all his work. :)

Here's how BAD it is. I was running out of room on one of my 1TB hard drives. So I decided to archive the pictures and videos I had taken during my days as Panther Paparazzi(2007-2010). It took 39 DVDs to archive it all!!! The good news is now I have tons of free space to store NEW pictures. Just in time for Cheersport Grand this weekend.

I am the same way! LOVE taking tons of photos throughout the season its crazy how many I take.

You guys might be able to help me, I'm trying to figure out which camera to buy. The one I have right now is a Nikon coolpix L100. I love the camera but I want to try and find something that has a better motion shot option. Any suggestions?

I use a Canon 7D but if you are a Nikon user you probably want to stay Nikon.

I do love my 7d though!

And yes, I have also filled up a 1TB hard drive. My problem is twofold...I don't trust just a CD for archive, nor do I trust an external drive. Mozy used to back up unlimited data, but now that they don't I am at a loss for online / offsite backup.

I have a Canon T1i, but now they are up to the T3i. Those are the top "amateur" cameras I found. To really capture the stop action, you need a good lens. I have fixed 85mm f1.8 that I use and it works awesome. Especially in poorly lit high school gyms. I know lots of guys that have the f2.8 lens and those are great if the lighting is semi-decent. anything less than a 2.8 and it'll be "iffy" at best.

Back