All-Star Who Got The Exclusive Worlds Email?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We all know the board is controlled by PERMANENT positions made up of 9 companies owned or strategically aligned with Varsity.

You make some good points. But I'm always amazed at what people think they "know".

I still have people that talk to me about things; sometimes just because they want the perspective of a parent that's been around for decades; sometimes because they want an unvarnished opinion and sometimes because they want to tell me something that they know won't go any further.

Be careful what you think you know.

You make some good points. But I'm always amazed at what people think they "know".

I still have people that talk to me about things; sometimes just because they want the perspective of a parent that's been around for decades; sometimes because they want an unvarnished opinion and sometimes because they want to tell me something that they know won't go any further.

Honestly I feel like I don't know anything. Because these decisions by the board are made behind closed doors with no explanations given as to why or how they were made. Are the minutes of their meetings available?

I believe there should only be 1 world champion, but i think the bigger problem people have are the multiple NATIONAL championship competitions out there. This would be like NCA saying that if you attend NCA you are not allowed to go to Jamfest or Cheersport. If the USASF wants to decrease the number of national champions out there they need to set a rule on what competitions can be considered nationals. Have a set number of participants that must be reached and if they fall under then they are not allowed to qualify as national championships.

This is really fishy since it comes after the rumors of Jamfest going rogue and coming up with their own idea. Why else would they be worried about competing at other world championships because I honestly didn't know there were other competitions that claimed to crown world champions.

Hopefully they clarify this because I am pretty sure there are many level 5 coaches who also coach lower level teams that compete at US Finals, All Levels, and what seems to be the new enemy Jamfest.

Can you prove otherwise? The Board is controlled by Varsity. That's public knowledge.

Hopefully they clarify this because I am pretty sure there are many level 5 coaches who also coach lower level teams that compete at US Finals, All Levels, and what seems to be the new enemy Jamfest.
That's pretty much what most of us are wondering. I just get my dander up about the USASF being a monopoly in the business of cheer. It just doesn't seem like a unifying governing body for the sport. But how can they be when the USASF is controlled by Varsity brand companies? They compete in the industry they govern. Seems a little unfair and sketchy is all I am saying.

haha... When I saw this email. I was like wow what great timing!!! Wish it would have come out before our meeting today though. Before I jump to conclusions or speculate. I'm wondering if anyone really knows why they sent this email or made this new rule. (Is it new?) Most obvious is to stop teams from participating in what the Majors is sure to become in the short future, a World Championship, but I wonder if this is true. I wonder if we will get a clarification email explaining why they coincidentally made up this rule shortly after the public announcment of the Majors. Did they do just to preserve Worlds or was it " to maximize the number of participants benefiting from the positive life experiences of all star cheerleading and dance by developing competition rules and all star gym training guidelines consistent with the latest best known safety, educational, and ethical practices" like their mission statements says.

haha... When I saw this email. I was like wow what great timing!!! Wish it would have come out before our meeting today though. Before I jump to conclusions or speculate. I'm wondering if anyone really knows why they sent this email or made this new rule. (Is it new?) Most obvious is to stop teams from participating in what the Majors is sure to become in the short future, a World Championship, but I wonder if this is true. I wonder if we will get a clarification email explaining why they coincidentally made up this rule shortly after the public announcment of the Majors. Did they do just to preserve Worlds or was it " to maximize the number of participants benefiting from the positive life experiences of all star cheerleading and dance by developing competition rules and all star gym training guidelines consistent with the latest best known safety, educational, and ethical practices" like their mission statements says.

lets be honest.

Rachael said it was in the handbook they give worlds teams that they cannot compete at another Worlds title event, but it did not include coaches, judges, or "officials". Can anyone with this handbook clarify?

There are so many questions about this rule some clarification on what exactly this all means would be excellent. We can speculate until the cows come home about what comps it will restrict gyms from competing at but we have to assume the worst or risk serious consequences.

This sort Of behavior of the USASF just may just leave people thinking, "who cares, I'd rather compete for the Jamfest Global Championship."

Back