All-Star Who Is Your Favorite Cheerlebrity! :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Who is your favorite cheerlebrity :)

• Total voters
I can definitely see the "baby flyer" trend making the news any day now.... I don't care whether or not you're a cheer coach or not, it's just not safe.

I can definitely see the "baby flyer" trend making the news any day now.... I don't care whether or not you're a cheer coach or not, it's just not safe.
You may be right about it being dangerous big seriously, what crazy stuff did you do as a kid you wouldn't do now or allow your kids to do?

Poster is a verified Cheer Dad and has the hat to prove it

You may be right about it being dangerous big seriously, what crazy stuff did you do as a kid you wouldn't do now or allow your kids to do?

Poster is a verified Cheer Dad and has the hat to prove it
1) Remember when cars had those handle things above each window? I used to sit in the backseat, grab those and do backflips.

2) Slid headfirst down carpeted stairs (rug burn... ouch)

3) Held onto doors by their knobs and swung on them as they closed.

4) Tried to teach tumbling to other kids at the age of 10 (there's a funny story behind that...).

5) Opened a car door while my mom was driving (it was on the road, not the highway).

Yup, I was a total daredevil. :p

But I could never let someone base me. Even as a little kid, I hated when my (very tall) male relatives would try to sit me on their shoulders. Being that high in the air on what felt to me like an unstable surface terrified me.

1) Remember when cars had those handle things above each window? I used to sit in the backseat, grab those and do backflips.

4) Tried to teach tumbling to other kids at the age of 10 (there's a funny story behind that...).

5) Opened a car door while my mom was driving (it was on the road, not the highway).

But I could never let someone base me. Even as a little kid, I hated when my (very tall) male relatives would try to sit me on their shoulders. Being that high in the air on what felt to me like an unstable surface terrified me.
When my sister was still in a carseat she opened the car door as we were merging onto the interstate :D

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

#4 please tell story.

@iwearmysugnglassesatnight
So I was friends with this girl in 5th grade (let's call her Ashley). She and I both loved cheerleading (though I loved it more than she did), and so we decided to start up a cheerleading team with all of the kids in our neighborhood. At some point, we got into a fight and stopped being friends. All of the people on our team that were friends with her left and she formed a separate team with them, and everyone else from the original team went with me. Ashley's team was called the Angels (colors were white and metallic gold). My team was called the Huskies (colors navy and white, because I had already bought matching skirts in those colors). My team was coed :D. I remember one day, both teams were practicing and Ashley and I ended up talking (her team behind her, my team behind me haha). She told me that her team was going to have shorts instead of a skirt in their uniform. I told her that, in order to prove whose team was better, we should have a competition. She agreed, although we never set a date (I expected that the competition would happen at the end of the summer). One day, as preparation,
I decided to have us work on tumbling (my goal was to have us do team cartwheels). The one boy on my team couldn't cartwheel and suffered a very minor neck injury from attempting one. He was out for a week. Meanwhile, I decided that we should get real cheerleading uniforms. One afternoon, a friend of mine on the team helped me grab things from people's trash that we could sell at a yard sale. We had accumulated a bunch of stuff on my front lawn when my mom came out, told my friends to go home and angrily told me to come inside. She said that I could forget about cheerleading, that she didn't want me mentioning or even thinking about it.

Never before had I felt so empty inside.

It was not long before my mom took her words back, saying that she "noticed that the light had left [my] eyes". Now, she actually enjoys hearing me talk about cheerleading (sometimes).

By the way, the competition never ended up happening.

Last edited:
I believe she's not labeled as a "cheerlebrity", but definitely noteworthy and one of my favourites - McKenzie Rutan from Stingray Allstars Orange.

To me, she's an often overlooked member from the Stingrays program partly because of Angel Rice. McKenzie is almost always last pass for a reason, her tumbling form and technique is exquisite; I'd take a tumbling clinic led by her any day. Also, how many of these so called "cheerlebrities" can you say is a 5x world champion like she is?

On a side note, I wish McKenzie all the best with Electric Rays as she continues her glowing legacy with the Stingrays program.
BtmkJJBIAAA-C61.jpg

Last edited:
I believe she's not labeled as a "cheerlebrity", but definitely noteworthy and one of my favourites - McKenzie Rutan from Stingray Allstars Orange.

To me, she's an often under looked member from the Stingrays program partly because of Angel Rice. McKenzie is almost always last pass for a reason, her tumbling form and technique is exquisite; I'd take a tumbling clinic led by her any day. Also, how many of these so called "cheerlebrities" can you say is a 5x world champion like she is?

On a side note, I wish McKenzie all the best with Electric Rays as she continues her glowing legacy with the Stingrays program.
BtmkJJBIAAA-C61.jpg

Role model since she was on Green back in 2008. Her and Kelsey Rule.

Always loved to watch McKenzie in Orange's routines but it really struck me just how much of a positive role model she is when someone on here told us about how she was taken out of the air and made to base part of the way through the season with no moaning and she learnt to base the stunt within a week or so and it hit every comp.

A teenage girl putting the whole team before herself is something very admirable and hard to come by.

Back