All-Star Who's Got Spirit?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 1, 2010
So cheerleading's supposed to be all about spirit, right?
So, what have people on your team/teams you know of done to show team spirit?

Like how Orange's flyers all got bobs!
At my gym we've had like 10 people (me included) dye a streak of purple in our hair. What has your gym done?

i don't know if this counts, but during october (breast cancer awareness month) about 80% of the girls in my gym dyed a strip of their hair pink.

My old gym was purple and teal so I got a purple extension. My softball team was also purple so I got two for the price of one.

There were girls from my old gym that always dyed the tips of their hair blue or green (we were blue, green, and white). We all used to decorate shirts and sports bras to wear when we were out at competitions.

If I dyed my hair my team colors, i dont want to think about what would happen..

it depends per program, but i know a lot of gyms around where i live wouldn't like it. It's like a tattoo- it effects uniformity. If one person has purple hair, there going to really stick out from a routine, which sets off the whole thing. And if they don't completely work it and hit, it'll be pretty obvious.

it depends per program, but i know a lot of gyms around where i live wouldn't like it. It's like a tattoo- it effects uniformity. If one person has purple hair, there going to really stick out from a routine, which sets off the whole thing. And if they don't completely work it and hit, it'll be pretty obvious.

Its like one streak.
People dont have the same hair color all the time. Its not an issue when the whole team is brunette and one girl is a red head.
An athletes hair color is neither the concern, nor the focus of a cheer gym.

on day 2 of every nationals we change our dance music, bows, and skirts to shorts... its really a fun change that only our senior teams do. It gets us excited so i guess its team spirit!

Its like one streak.
People dont have the same hair color all the time. Its not an issue when the whole team is brunette and one girl is a red head.
An athletes hair color is neither the concern, nor the focus of a cheer gym.
Yes, but those are all natural hair colors that you see everyday. When you throw in wild and crazy colors that you don't usually see, it usually distracts fans, coaches, and judges which can ultimately lead to picking out more mistakes, etc. Personally, I don't think a small streak from someone will make a difference, but depending how "creative" people get, it definitely can become a distraction!

I will say about 85% of the time if someone has a random crazy color in their hair it is going to look tacky. Now if it is something that most of the team does (ACE at worlds) then it can look much better. But seeing a random person with a big blue or purple strip of hair (especially if they are blond) will just look odd. If it is going to be done then make sure it is tasteful and doesn't take away from the rest of the team.

Back