All-Star Why Do Gyms Need To Hide Things??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Honestly I think every gym looks at prospective parents, what information they give them and when differently. That to me is not hiding anything. Some just choose not to put that info on the website preferring the prospective parent at least come into the facility personally instead of making a choice based solely on information on a website. That does not mean they are hiding it. Every cheer gym I have worked for has always had there calendar done no later than mid summer. But they did not post it for anyone except their own parents, coaches and kids.

I understand you are not accusing anyone. However that accusation is often leveled - esp in the past here on the boards - for those who do not post their teams or schedules.

I guess i am just basing it on what we do at our gym. We do our comp. schedules before we even have tryouts.
I started this post because i honestly didn't understand it. I've been on here for many many years, so i do understand how people can think i am accusing them of something. ;)

ACE has had the same thing happen as @yojaehs mentioned. Our schedule is our schedule, but we've had some event producers ask us to stay quiet because they are afraid other gyms won't attend a local event.

Quite a shame.
i went to a competition with ACE last year and we went to some rinkydink competition but we won first in every single division except tinys...........i was like wow thats just wow. i felt bad for all the other teams. who didnt win first in anything

I think in this case the parents usually know. It's expected of the gym to let people plan. However I understand not posting it on your website where the whole wide world can look at it. It's like "Hey! Potential Creepers, Child Molesters, Pedophiles, Kid Nappers, and Serial Killers, on Feb 19 all these cute girls in teeny outfits are gonna be at the Convention Center!" I don't think this actually happens all that often, and there's other ways to obtain this info, but still a possibility. I think for new parents it needs to be on the website, because that's the first place prospective costumers look a lot of the time.
I really don't understand why gyms don't post teams. It annoys me. It's like I'm not changing my team because you have a particular one. And I understand not posting your roster online, again for safety reasons. But just a little "Meet our new teams" and a little description about what each level entails would be nice.

I actually like that our gym doesn't post the schedule online. The first season I was team mom I had a family who had major issues with a non-custodial parent. They were very grateful that the other parent did not have access to the schedule, etc, so she couldn't show up and cause a scene at a local event.

I think it was well stated earlier that this is a decision each gym owner and coach should make and others should respect.

Speaking for other gyms is never a good practice either. Saying "Gym A didn't go to the competition because of XYZ" if you aren't the gym owner or coach is only spreading rumors. Let people speak for themselves or choose not to.

I actually like that our gym doesn't post the schedule online. The first season I was team mom I had a family who had major issues with a non-custodial parent. They were very grateful that the other parent did not have access to the schedule, etc, so she couldn't show up and cause a scene at a local event.

I hadn't even thought about that - safety - and that sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Thank you for that insight!!

ETA: Read that before @INeverStopCheering 's post, but thank you, too!!

Kid Nappers

bengu.jpg

Back