All-Star Why Do You Cheer, Coach...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 18, 2009
My favorite thread ever. This was a thread a while back but with season really starting to get going I thought I'd bring it back :) so what is it that keeps you loving this sport? As a parent, fan, cheerleader, judge, coach or choreographer? What keeps your passion for it alive inside ?! & what moments have stuck out to you the most in your years of cheer?

Im a cheer coach because i love giving those kids the extra boost of confidence when they get a new skill (A handstand, cartwheel, ro, BHS, tuck,layout, full or that double full... even stunting) its a rewarding feeling when you see an athletes fight and fight for something they want so much and see their face light up when they get that new skills or feel accomplished after anything they've done.. what keeps me going in this sport is the fact that there is always something chainging.. wether its rules, stunts, uniforms, music, dances, whatever... it isnt always the same theres always that 1 team that 1 program that pushes the envelope to try to be the outkast (in a good way) and stand out.. and makes me want to be that coach that stands out above the rest. and also seeing my kids just perform and hitting their routine like it should be and seeing (again) those smiles.. sometimes us as coaches dont realize how much we affect an atheltes life outside of cheer but we are a big part of it wether the athlete tells you or not. its just a rewarding feeling seeing those kids do something their so passionate about (and for the ones that arent so passionate well thats a different story.. but i as a coach still give them my 110% every single time its a good challenge for me because it makes me think that theres a spark that i could possibly ignite in them to make them passionate about this sport) AND lastly.. because i LOOOOVE the performance aspect of competing!

i cheer because i love meeting new friends and the nerves you get right before you step onto the matt oh and its a reason for me to do extra makeup and look extra good :)

I coached because I lived for watching the development of young athletes as human beings, as well as actual athletes. At the end of the season, when I heard the words "CT, you changed my life"... I knew every second, every tear, every smile had been well spent on that kiddo that season.

I cheered because I loved challenging myself beyond what I EVER thought I could do.

And now, I do music because I love to progress as many of the gyms/schools/rec teams in this country as possible. Everyone deserves a chance... and now, I exist to give them that chance.

i cheer for it all..
-the butterflies before going on stage
--the hard practices making your team better
---the amazing friends you meet
----waiting t hear placements at awards
-----watching your competition with your team
------getting new and better skills
-------learning new routines
--------teaching younger girls everthing you know
---------passing on greatness to more teams (i help coach a mini 2 team)
----------seeing the BIG teams perform
-----------always having something to look forward to, competitions or even practice
------------being at your favorite place in the world, my cheer gym
-------------the uniforms lol
--------------EVERYTHING! there is not a single thing that i dont like about cheer and i am 100% in love with it all :)

I do it because there is nothing else I love more.
I love the feeling of confidence I get when I land a new trick.
I love pushing myself to try something new.
I love making new friends from the girls on my teams and the girls I meet at competitions from other gyms.
I like to be a leader and a role model for the younger girls.
Also it gives me so much confidence.
When I'm scared to do something and my coaches and teammates are supporting me it makes me feel great.
I wouldn't be anything like I am today without cheer.
Cheer has given me so much confidence, it's given me something to look forward to and I love my second family a.k.a my gym. I love everything about cheer

I coach because i love this sport so much I can't give it up. I can no longer be an active cheerleader due to some injuries, but somehow i can't see myself leaving this sport any time soon.
And to see the excitement in my girls eyes when they get a new routine makes me feel very good inside. :cloud9:

When I was growing up, I was in dance until high school, then switched to cheer. My years in dance made a significant impact in my life. unfortunately it was an environment where body issues were so common, most people I knew had eating disorders and as a kid I thought that was completely normal. SAD!! My later years in cheerleading is where I found my forever cheer family.

I coach so that I can provide the opposite environment for these kids. True, this sport is very focused on winning, but it also gives the opportunity to teach these children how to have faith/trust in each other, confidence, strength, commitment, and family. This is not a sport that you can do well if you don't build muscle and have a HEALTHY body! It is the only TRUE team sport in the fact that everyone on the team is important!! They encourage each other and build each other up!

Back