Why Does Allstar Cheer?...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Why does All Star Cheer have more drama than any other sport?
Oh goodness! All-star cheerleading is VERY competitive, and everyone wants to be better than everyone else, and that can cause some drama. I mean, there are very few,if any, cheer gyms that have no drama. But cheerleading always has drama, wherever you go.

Aww I'm sorry:( I would hate that. Our area competes in GHSA so it's competitive!
I'm going to take the moment to post the tragic video of my high school. We were perfect up until the pyramid!!

That was amazing other then that one flaw! My team is trying that pyramid this year but from the ground, more difficulty points. We have about 7 tumblers, 1 with a backhandspring, the rest with tucks and my team every year helps get cheerleading out there as a sport, therefore we have half hour everyday conditioning before are practice, we practice everyday, just like every other varsity sport out there and we work our butts off! <3

Yeah if y'all don't compete like we do, I wouldn't do high school cheer either! It's sad that in some areas, cheer is still depicted as just sideline cheer. Like my friend in Michigan's school can't even do cartwheels really..

There are many beneficial things to high school cheer other than competing, although I'm sure everyone knows that. My team only competed once each year, in the summer, and everyone loved it. Which is "harder" or "better" all depends on the area and the coach. I believe my coach asked just as much of us as any star coach would, but to each his own.

Aww I'm sorry:( I would hate that. Our area competes in GHSA so it's competitive!
I'm going to take the moment to post the tragic video of my high school. We were perfect up until the pyramid!!

Do you guys have an entire routine with music? Lucky ): We have to have a cheer section that's at least a minute i think?

Do you guys have an entire routine with music? Lucky ): We have to have a cheer section that's at least a minute i think?
Yes the whole routine has music! Oh wow that sounds more UCA style then us. We can't go to UCA Nationals so we don't have to focus so much on the cheer other than just maxing out the points for it by incorporating a stunt or tumbling with it.

I left my high school program because the varsity coach was so degrading. She would swear at her team and make them cry. It wasnt even like constructive criticism it was just plain mean. I was on jv, with a round off backhandspring backtuck and another freshman who didn't have her backhandspring made varsity. So i can vouch that high school cheer is very political.

Back