Why Does Allstar Cheer?...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's pretty sad. Most/All high school teams are run like that. :( (like if she doesn't like you then you get cut)
I agree, that is such a shame. I can get strongly opinionated about things like this, so I won't go into it, but that's honestly ridiculous.

i dont think anyone looks down on each other, but allstars tend to end up being more intensive training and sometimes more dedicated athletes, or at least thats what ive experienced. In my opinion, both are respected :)

i dont think anyone looks down on each other, but allstars tend to end up being more intensive training and sometimes more dedicated athletes, or at least thats what ive experienced. In my opinion, both are respected :)
i recently learned all-star is harder so yea :)

I will say that most of the high school cheerleaders in our area also do All-Star and many of the coaches are All-Star coaches and those who are not go and practice at All-Star gyms which are quite a few in the area. This is in Northern Virginia. Watching the comps this year I was so impressed. The CPs are running routines just like the All-Star ones with all the tumbling, stunts, and dance add on the cheer and throw that they are doing it on a dead floor versus springboard. They still do sideline cheer as well and in our area it is considered a club not a sport - which is very sad to me. Hoping some day that changes because these CPs are athletes!

We also have a couple high schools that come to our gym to practice under our coaches' arms, but they don't even compete. I think they mainly do it for routines for their games.

I'd say allstar is usually a lot more difficult in my area, and I've done high school and all stars. Our high school recently started a comp team so hopefully more people will think it's a sport!

I cheer for all stars and high school and i have the complete opposite, my high school team hates my all-star team because they feel the girls on all star are snobs, but intact my team doesn't mind high school cheer, most of them cheer for high school, i think it depends on the programs

My gym looks down on highschool :( Its sad, since most are hs cheerleaders. The coach will be like "woah there, don't be cradling like a highschool cheerleader!" But then again, our highschool isnt good. At all. The best most of them have is a round-off. 3 have bhs. Sad :(

Last year during my senior year, I did allstar cheer and the girls on the high school team (who won states that year) looked down on it. To them, allstar cheer was not hard, we only do allstar because we couldn't make a high school team, etc. The captain was in one of my classes and I always ignored her snobby comments towards me, but one day, the teacher asked what my passion was, and I said cheerleading. The captain rolled her eyes and said "you've got to be kidding me." Me, being fed up with her, simply said "What was that? I can't hear you over my national champion title." That sure shut her up for the rest of the year ;)

I'm from northern California, and allstar cheer is pretty much unknown to most people here. I was talking to a friend who cheers for our rival hs, and even she didn't know anything about allstars!! Every high school has a team, but not many compete. Like, this is only my school's 4th year competing (I joined last year), and only a couple other schools nearby compete too. I think most girls who do allstars around here also cheer for their schools.

We have three girls on our team who do allstars (two of them are level 2 or 3 at a small gym and the other is level 5 at California All Stars) and a couple former gymnasts. Most everyone on our team is working on our back handsprings, but we have a couple tucks and one full (working on standing full, too!). They aren't allowed to compete with their best passes because we're stuck in USA Novice (our coaches won't let us move up until we can max out tumbling difficulty), but we whip it all out for rallies. Since most of the student population still doesn't take us seriously, we have to bring out the big guns whenever we can!

Where I live, girls do all-stars, get their skills to make high school, then quit when they make high school. Around here girls just do school cheer for the image honestly. It's not that competitive here and it really takes a toll on my gym because all these girls just quit to only do school cheer where they don't keep their skills. I must say though, most end up quitting high school cheer and come back. Girls just can't do both here because they usually skip allstar practices for high school games and it just doesn't settle well with their teammates and coaches haha! I know first hand. But I do know that doing both helps to make college teams though! School cheer helps with cheering in front of a crowd and partner stunting if you're on a team with guys. The all-star parts helps with the skills and the actual performing routines to compete with a collegiate team. Also, you might just be able to pull of college cheer and all-star cheer in the near future and be on a level 6 team if you have the skills :)

I'm from northern California, and allstar cheer is pretty much unknown to most people here. I was talking to a friend who cheers for our rival hs, and even she didn't know anything about allstars!! Every high school has a team, but not many compete. Like, this is only my school's 4th year competing (I joined last year), and only a couple other schools nearby compete too. I think most girls who do allstars around here also cheer for their schools.

We have three girls on our team who do allstars (two of them are level 2 or 3 at a small gym and the other is level 5 at California All Stars) and a couple former gymnasts. Most everyone on our team is working on our back handsprings, but we have a couple tucks and one full (working on standing full, too!). They aren't allowed to compete with their best passes because we're stuck in USA Novice (our coaches won't let us move up until we can max out tumbling difficulty), but we whip it all out for rallies. Since most of the student population still doesn't take us seriously, we have to bring out the big guns whenever we can!

im not sure if its unknown per-say when i went to school in pleasanton most people knew what allstar was and they knew what high school was and they did not take high school seriously what so ever and always chirped all the girls at rallies about how bad they were (great school spirit right)? where as allstar they had more of a respect for because they knew about all the stunting and the tumbling that our high school couldnt do.

I don't think all-star cheerleaders look down on high school cheerleaders. But all-star cheerleading is harder, so they might think that high school is too easy. And also, all the cheers and waving pom poms isn't really what some other people consider a sport. But, as I said, all-star cheerleader don't look down on high school cheerleaders. (unless they're mean all-star cheerleaders)

Back