All-Star Woodlands Elite Or Spirit Of Texas?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 25, 2011
I'm moving to Houston at the end of the summer and I'm not sure which to choose! I'll be on level 5 for either one, but I'm not sure which gym to go to! Your opinion? :)

I'd probably ask myself if I was better for all-girl or coed. All-girl: Woodlands, Coed- Spirit. At least that's what I'd start with.. Go visit both gyms and see how you feel about each.

They're in two completely different places. Woodlands, and Arlington. Three hour difference. Unless, you moving based on your gym choice.

They're in two completely different places. Woodlands, and Arlington. Three hour difference. Unless, you moving based on your gym choice.

I'm either moving to Arlington or Houston. It's undecided. I'm just looking for opinions and ideas :)

Well, where do you cheer now? Because there is a lady on the Newbie board looking for a gym in Austin. You should send her to wherever you are now! Between the 2 of you I'm learning more about Texas gyms today than ever before!
smile.png

That being said, I vote go visit both gyms and see which one "fits".

Both are very different atmospheres, city included. Check them out before you move if possible and also consider all pros and cons to each location. I'm just curious..... how are you able to pick either moving to the dallas area OR houston? Are you going off to school or do your parents have really flexible relocation packages at their jobs? lol if its the latter i want to work where they do! Also, just going off of what was said above, these gyms are more like 4 hours away from each other rather than 3. It's about 3.5 hrs distance wise but there's usually traffic around arlington and right before the houston area.

I'd probably ask myself if I was better for all-girl or coed. All-girl: Woodlands, Coed- Spirit. At least that's what I'd start with.. Go visit both gyms and see how you feel about each.
If you care about nothing else related to completely relocating to a different city, this is the correct answer. Without knowing more about your situation, personally I'd take into account other things outside of cheer, as those are both great programs.

if you want higher chances of getting a worlds ring, then i suggest that you go to Spirit of Texas :D

Definitely not a valid argument. Anything can happen on any given day, Woodlands has been a great contender in the small senior division for the past 3 years. And now they have an amazing team in the large senior division. Not to mention an outstanding junior 5 and many other teams. Just because they haven't won does NOT make them anything less than SoT.

Definitely not a valid argument. Anything can happen on any given day, Woodlands has been a great contender in the small senior division for the past 3 years. And now they have an amazing team in the large senior division. Not to mention an outstanding junior 5 and many other teams. Just because they haven't won does NOT make them anything less than SoT.
You may have a point but SoT's teams have very dynamic routines esp. if you look at their level 5 teams. I may have been a bit hard on Woodlands because they're also a great gym and have very talented athletes as well...so sorry for the first post which i think was a little uncalled for

Well if you move to The Woodland's well then that is your obvious choice. Unless you are willing to make that 4 hour drive in what I understand to be very strict practice rules, you might just want to consider Woodland's Elite. Of course if you move to Arlington, then Spirit all the way. Good luck with your decision making!!

Back