All-Star Woodward Cheer Camp 2012!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm going to Woodward Cheer camp this summer but it's in Lake Tahoe. I am suppeerr excited and what are some things I should bring besides all of the basics? <3
An extension cord to charge your cell phone. My cp was so happy she had that last summer when her bed was not right near an outlet.

I'm going to Woodward Cheer camp this summer but it's in Lake Tahoe. I am suppeerr excited and what are some things I should bring besides all of the basics? <3

CP went to the PA location. Here's what she says...
- They had a dance Friday night and many girls brought a cute dress to wear. (Since she is 9 I was ok with her not having a dress for the dance) lol
- Some kids brought an egg crate mattress pad for extra padding.
- A couple extra shirts to write on for goal day and to bring to tie-dye.
- Tennis shoes for ropes course, horseback riding, etc.
- Lock for your bag and fit everything in 1 bag.
- Snacks in a sealed container (to keep critters out). She brought them because she gets headaches if she doesn't eat, but a lot of other kids also brought them.

You will have a blast!!!

Just got back from week 2 on Saturday. I worked in the canteen so if anyone has any questions about the parent jobs I might be able to help since I roomed with a driver mom and a mini cabin mom. As a canteen mom I worked about 32 hours for the week. I had plenty of extra time to watch cp tumble some and take pictures. CP reached all of the tumbling goals she set in one week. She went to camp with an ok looking handspring and a good round off tuck. She could not connect the two for a hspring tuck because her hspring was lacking power. She came home from camp with an amazing looking hspring, her hspring tuck, her hspring x2 tuck, her front punch, and a front punch round off tuck. The first two days they didn't work new skills at all they looked at the tumbling they already had and made any improvements needed, they really didn't start new skills till Wed. in the classes. Of course during open gym they could work on anything they wanted. On day 2 a coach at open gym noticed something she was doing in her round off that needed to be fixed and after that her tumbling took off. Who would have thought one little thing has been holding her back for so long. CP got tapped and is begging to go back for week 12.

I'd love to send my cp but it's not a drivable distance from NC and you add plane fare to what it already costs and it's not feasible for us for a week long camp. We would never qualify for any scholarship, I just can't justify spending that kind of money on it :(

I'd probably go for it if we could drive it, but I mapquested it and i think it's like a 12 hour drive or something batty like that.

Thank you for all of the wonderful information! My daughter Tae and I are going week 8. We are from fla. I will be working in the infirmary as a RN. Tae is 12 and going alone so I hope she will meet some great girls that she become friends with and see again year after year.
She is dealing with a mental block for back tumbling and very nervous. Im hoping it will be a good experience for her.

Thank you for all of the wonderful information! My daughter Tae and I are going week 8. We are from fla. I will be working in the infirmary as a RN. Tae is 12 and going alone so I hope she will meet some great girls that she become friends with and see again year after year.
She is dealing with a mental block for back tumbling and very nervous. Im hoping it will be a good experience for her.
i'll be there week 8 too & i'll probably see you a lot since i take an inhaler everyday haha. i'm sure she will make new friends! i do every year & it's nice seeing them at competitions & keeping in touch! woodward is a really good place to break mental blocks because it should give her comfort that no one knows her skills prior or that she has a mental block. they won't know what she has or what she used to have so she should be able to clear her head a little & it's always nice to get feedback from coaches you don't normally get feedback from:)

Back