All-Star Worlds 2013 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

American Elite boys and girls
2k224x.jpg
i like these! they remind me of the slushies i get at the movie theater
tumblr_lsnsm1ixOy1qc8lrao1_500_thumb.jpg

My official Panthers uni rant:

My first initial reaction was that it looked like an ice skating leotard. The zipper looks uncomfortable, and probably the last thing I would want on a cheer uni, especially if I was basing. Last year everyone was talking about Maryland Twisters' unis. When they were revealed as 2 separate pieces, everyone went "ohhhh THAT'S why they all have really bad panty lines". The zipper on this uni gets rid of the unflattering lines.

Eliminating the mesh: In theory it's a great idea. But if the material around the stomach was gone (so the only thing remaining was the panther) it would create some problems. The zip would be gone, but the uni would still be in one piece. The girls would have to maneuver themselves into it without stretching it out (or ripping it). If the Panther design doesn't cling to their bodies (if it's loose and there's a gap between it and their stomach) it not only won't look right, but it could get in the way, especially when stunting.
As for the flesh material on the arms/shoulders, making it a different color would take away from the actual panther on the front, but eliminating it would cause problems. The turtleneck and rhinestones on the sleeves are really giving off that ice capades vibe.

I think I would like Panthers' new uniform if it was more like their old one, but in white and some bling. I just think the nude mesh and white and the giant panther just look thrown together and like they don't really match and work well together.

I'm not a fan of the rhinestones this year in general. I've been seeing a lot of unis like this as well as practice wear with pure rhinestones across the front. Now I love sparkle as much as the next girl, but it makes it hard to read the lettering which I think takes away from the overall look.
I hear what you're saying, but in this instance I like it because the name is "Ice" so it works. I actually love this uniform.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I really don't think those unis will be worn again after Worlds. It is more of a showpiece for Rebel Athletics. Just like a designer will have over the top designs on the runway and then the actual product you buy is toned down. The Panthers were moving advertisements for what Rebel can do, which is way out side the box of what anyone else is doing right now. And this uniform has done exactly what it was supposed to, everyone is now talking about Rebel.

My official Panthers uni rant:

My first initial reaction was that it looked like an ice skating leotard. The zipper looks uncomfortable, and probably the last thing I would want on a cheer uni, especially if I was basing. Last year everyone was talking about Maryland Twisters' unis. When they were revealed as 2 separate pieces, everyone went "ohhhh THAT'S why they all have really bad panty lines". The zipper on this uni gets rid of the unflattering lines.

Eliminating the mesh: In theory it's a great idea. But if the material around the stomach was gone (so the only thing remaining was the panther) it would create some problems. The zip would be gone, but the uni would still be in one piece. The girls would have to maneuver themselves into it without stretching it out (or ripping it). If the Panther design doesn't cling to their bodies (if it's loose and there's a gap between it and their stomach) it not only won't look right, but it could get in the way, especially when stunting.
As for the flesh material on the arms/shoulders, making it a different color would take away from the actual panther on the front, but eliminating it would cause problems. The turtleneck and rhinestones on the sleeves are really giving off that ice capades vibe.
I see what you're saying about the panther not working without the mesh, but legend katz worlds uni last year had sorta the same idea so its not impossible

Back