All-Star Worlds 2022

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Youngers studio is over at the Dance Worlds so that is where my focus has been. If you have a kiddo at Worlds this weekend, I hope they HYS and make memories to last a lifetime.

BSB4L

Has the number of Worlds teams shrunk, or are they just spread out even more among all the divisions. XS Coed and XS All Girl have so few teams in Prelims I'm not sure why that extra round is even needed. This year there are 7 XS Coed teams in Prelims down from 26 last season, and 13 All Girl teams down from 34 last year. That's a huge difference. Sr Open Sm Coed is up to 30 Prelims teams compared to last year's 23, but that can't fully explain why the other Prelims rounds are so small this year.

*Edited to add I forgot about the silly new Limited divisions. That could explain some of it. God forbid we don't water down all the fields. There used to be a ton of teams in the Prelims rounds.

Last edited:
Has the number of Worlds teams shrunk, or are they just spread out even more among the divisions. XS Coed and XS All Girl have so few teams in Prelims I'm not sure why that extra round is even needed. This year there are 7 XS Coed teams down from 26 last season, and 13 All Girl teams down from 34 last year. That's a huge difference. Sr Open Sm Coed is up to 30 Prelims teams compared to last year's 23 but that can't fully explain why the other Prelims rounds are so small this year.
The number of divisions has doubled in just a few years, they are just spread out more. There are a lot more total teams than there used to be. Nearly 550 teams this year. It was closer to 400 a few years ago.

Back