All-Star Worlds 2022

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just don't understand why Woodlands wouldn't release that athlete back a few years ago. Clearly there's some stuff festering between these 2 and not saying PA's response is warranted but I don't get why either gym won't just release athletes in the first place. Seems petty to me
Although I have not been at either of these gyms in 7 years ( DD competed out of both) I know they trade coaches and athletes back and forth pretty regularly, especially if you don’t make the team you want. I do not know what happened in this case with Jane’s but we have gone through this recently with one of our athletes.

Now that I am back to coaching gymnastics, I totally understand why an athlete may not be released, at least in the gymnastics world. Gymnasts and coaches move gyms pretty regularly and that’s not uncommon but there have been times when things were done out of spite or that have burned bridges.

I will say that we have chosen not to release an athlete to another gym based on money owed. The gym asked for payment and the parent/child left to another gym thinking that payments owed would just magically disappear. I am NOT in anyway saying this is what happened with PA and WE but that there are valid reasons why an athlete may be potentially not released.

That's pretty amazing that several Maryland girls could just pick up and relocate to teams in at least 3 different states. Some might be super seniors and relocate for college but still.
Yeah it’s crazy. There is also a girl from Supercells thar went to Ody this season, I could not make that drive 3 times a week!

Yeah it’s crazy. There is also a girl from Supercells thar went to Ody this season, I could not make that drive 3 times a week!

I genuinely couldn't do it. I was on Odyssey for about a month and live near-ish the PHL airport. 2 hour drive there plus practice and the drive home was EXHAUSTING.

As someone who has looked up to F5 since they joined cheer back in 2014, I am so scared of what the near future holds for Maryland Twisters this upcoming season.
hmmm, they will probably switch division into XSmall All Girl

they certainly go downhill and that is truly sad

Back