All-Star Worlds And Stunt On Same Weekend?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

idrive

Cheer Parent
Jan 6, 2011
Ok. So my kid wanted to do Worlds but the college she will be attending does STUNT and assuming they make it (they did last year) she won't be able to do Worlds! I wonder how many people this could effect? Thanks USASF you have once again failed miserably!

Ok. So my kid wanted to do Worlds but the college she will be attending does STUNT and assuming they make it (they did last year) she won't be able to do Worlds! I wonder how many people this could effect? Thanks USASF you have once again failed miserably!
I don't think USASF has anything to do with that. Pretty sure the Worlds date are set pretty early... and they don't have to make sure that there is no other competition at the same time.

I don't think USASF has anything to do with that. Pretty sure the Worlds date are set pretty early... and they don't have to make sure that there is no other competition at the same time.
You are correct. I looked. Either way USASF is a mess!

You are correct. I looked. Either way USASF is a mess!

Apparently so is USA Cheer for not considering the Cheerleading Worlds when selecting their date.

**AS Cheer is the The Hotel California of sports**

Apparently so is USA Cheer for not considering the Cheerleading Worlds when selecting their date.

**AS Cheer is the The Hotel California of sports**
I can't get over your signature cheer dad, lol Hotel California is a break up song. What's funny is so many people play it at their weddings.

I have never heard that before and not saying it isn't accurate, but where did you get this information/fact?

Not that any source I watched was reliable but, when Glenn Frey passed I watched the tributes. The members said the popularity and success of Hotel California brought higher demands from their label. They said it was harder to be creative and it caused a lot of fighting between band members. Some of the members, also, said the increased fame and fortune brought increased drug and alcohol abuse that ultimately destroyed the band. It's only my opinion based on what I watched but, it was the success of the song, not the actual song that brought about the break up.

Worlds dates are usually at least 3 years in advance. I'd blame this on STUNT.
This was my original thought was well, until I looked up the date for Worlds this year..... they changed the weekend, so the blame lies on USASF for having worlds a week later than they have in the past. This is problematic on so many levels - it affects STUNT, and it happens to fall during finals for many colleges, so although the Senior teams won't be affected much, I imagine the International teams could have some athletes who can't participate.
Worlds is now April 29- May 1; Summit is now May 5-7. Programs literally have no down time from the time their season ends until tryouts. I'm curious as to why USASF/Varsity decided to lengthen what is already a very, very long competition season.

This was my original thought was well, until I looked up the date for Worlds this year..... they changed the weekend, so the blame lies on USASF for having worlds a week later than they have in the past. This is problematic on so many levels - it affects STUNT, and it happens to fall during finals for many colleges, so although the Senior teams won't be affected much, I imagine the International teams could have some athletes who can't participate.
Worlds is now April 29- May 1; Summit is now May 5-7. Programs literally have no down time from the time their season ends until tryouts. I'm curious as to why USASF/Varsity decided to lengthen what is already a very, very long competition season.
I believe the change was because of where Easter falls this year. Normally it would be the weekend before, but that weekend is now the weekend after Easter, so they had to bump it back.

Back