All-Star Worlds Bid Money

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

BlueCat, I agree that you can't go back and say "oops, I changed my mind". Again, I would never have signed it in the first place.

The original intent of this thread was to see who "owns" the bid money, which I believe was answered above that it belongs to the gym. Is that correct?

We don't have anything like that and I can't imagine that we ever will. I would highly recommend against anyone signing a contract like that. However, when you sign contracts, you can't go back later and say "I've decided that was a stupid contract, so therefore I don't have to follow it."
And for how litigious the American populace has become, I say bring it on, it would cost more for the gym to take them to court than they'd actually get if they won. They can't shakle you to the gym wall and no one said your own lawyer couldn't find the flaw in that contract to begin with. Just because it's on paper doesn't mean it will stand up in court....I give you every injury waiver we've ever signed. They're not worth the paper they're written on.

Back