All-Star Worlds Bow Copyright Issues?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It is ok to use Disney images if you are not making money from it. So if anyone asks, you just say that the team mom made them and gave them to the team.

Search the Disboards for info on it. Disney has gone after etsy stores who sell the bows and custom dresses, but we have never been questioned entering the park for wearing the design. You do have to make sure you don;t use the copyrighted words like Worlds, NCA, ESPN or WWOS though.
The word 'Worlds' has been copyrighted?

The word 'Worlds' is also a problem, not just 'The Cheerleading Worlds', it was an issue raised by Varsity. I'm no legal expert but I would have thought 'Worlds' was too generic a word to copyright but apparently not, it's more specifically 'Worlds' on cheerleading related products. It also slightly brings into question any teams with pro shops selling 'Worlds' team tshirts etc. Nothing to do with Disney - but I wouldn't want to use any Disney images on any products for sale as I wouldn't fancy a lawsuit with them either! You cannot use the Cricut Disney images on products for sale either, only for personal use (or in this case items that are a bonafide gift are also okay), buying the Cricut designs doesn't give you any commercial rights to them.

Customers want it to say Worlds or Summit on the bow like they have for years. There are plenty of bow makers that are doing on the sly so nobody wants a generic disney bow with a globe on it.

Thanks for your help :kiss: We've just got our new Worlds training bows from mom. Pink is for the all girl team and the yellow is for my coed team.

3495ic1.jpg
3495ic1.jpg
[/IMG]

We applied through Disney - somehow - to use different characters on our UCA Florida shirts a few years ago. I'm not sure if it was difficult, but we haven't had characters on our shirts since then, so maybe it wasn't really worth it. I love those shirts, though!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back