All-Star World's Deductions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 15, 2009
So I was looking at the updated deductions (I honestly have never looked before this year but my gym has a team going this year) and I just gave to ask

Has out of bounds always been a bigger deduction than a flier dropping to her head from a stunt?

And why? It makes no sense. It is better to risk injury from a tumble collision than it is to step out of the way if it means going off the mat

I don't know the answer to that, but i am loving the incomplete twisting skills being 10 points in deductions. If one person on an international team doesn't make their double around, then the team would have been better off doing no running tumbling at all.

Basically if one tumbling team has ONE tumbling bust that deduction is worth more than the ENTIRE tumbling section. A team with only squad back tucks would outscore them (that is how big the deduction is).

I was told this weekend from someone who knows with USASF that deductions are going to define the winners and losers as never before, so yes, if you miss a body position in a stunt, boom, or if you under rotate, double boom. Those prepared will have an advantage. It will change the sport.

I see it here only, about incomplete twists

Stunt Bobbles/Athlete Bobbles
Bobbles during stunting skills will result in a 1.5 deduction for each occurrence. Bobbles during individual skills will
result in a 1.5 deduction for each occurrence.
Examples:
 Stunts and Pyramids that almost drop/fall, but are saved
 Incomplete twisting cradles
 Knee or hand touching ground during cradle or dismount
 Severe balance checks
 Hands down on tumbling
 Knees touch ground in back tuck
 Incomplete twisting skills in tumbling will be taken into consideration on the panel judges score sheets for
the 2012 Worlds (not the deduction sheet).

Worlds just got a bunch harder to win. This will be interesting.

Basically if one tumbling team has ONE tumbling bust that deduction is worth more than the ENTIRE tumbling section. A team with only squad back tucks would outscore them (that is how big the deduction is).

Isn't a tumbling bust only 3 points in deductions?

And I still don't see where an incomplete double is a 10 point deduction - unless it counts as a safety violation?

Isn't a tumbling bust only 3 points in deductions?

And I still don't see where an incomplete double is a 10 point deduction - unless it counts as a safety violation?

An incomplete double down should just be 1.5.

Short version:

1.5 for all stunt/pyramid/basket/tumble bobbles checks incomplete twists whatever.
3 for tumbling busts and if a stunt falls under control
4.5 if a stunt just falls or a part of the pyramid falls
6 for a pyramid collapse or an individual stunt falls more than once.
10 for safety deduction
5 for music too long (I assume no one will even try to go past 2:35 with music but people can surprise me) hope everyone shortened their music!
5 for boundaries.

Back