All-Star Worlds Just To Watch?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

mommy2mygirls

Cheer Parent
Nov 3, 2010
Has anyone taken their cheerleader to Worlds if they aren't part of it?
My daughter REALLY wants to go and watch and see what it's all about. We have a team that will be going but she isn't on it.
What can you tell me? I am sure it is insanity..but I am thinking of braving it to let her see what it is all about!

Theres nothing like attending worlds, whether it be as a competitor or spectator! If you can attend I would say please do so, it is an experience you and your daughter will be very greatful for and one you will never forget. The look in her eyes and the smile on her face will be worth anything you have to do to get there. I am so very glad I had the opportunity to experience it with my daughter who competed last year for the very first time, nomatter what happens now we will always have our WORLDS EXPERIENCE...:) which was AMAZING! Your first WORLDS T-shirt is on me...see you there!

Took mine for fun last year and had a blast. It was a great experience. Totally recommend it if it is a possibility for you. Went with another friend and her daughter which made it nice for me too.

There are some of us from United Kingdom that are going just to watch this year. We competed last year and we decided that we couldnt miss out this year. I say definatly let her go to watch, its the most amazing experience for a cheerleader, and if you have the opportunity to go then always take it!!

Absolutely take her. I first went as a parent of a competitor and now I go with my daughter as a spectator. Last year we dragged her boyfriend along too!

I went as a spectator back in 2007 with my mom! Craziest experience ever! I didn't really even know that much about the cheer world back then, and OMG when top gun took the floor, I thought a bomb went off in the stadium.

I reallllly want to go and watch! Not this year, as finances won't allow me, but next year hopefully! Our L6 team is going this year, fingers crossed they get a bid next year too and I can go as a supporter!

take her! before i was on our level 5 team, i went just to watch. there's nothing like sitting in an arena for 13 hours and actually being entertained the entire time :) it's definitely an experience that you don't want to miss out on!

My mom and I go every year together. Worlds and Cheersport in ATL is literally our vacation the whole year. We save up money to go to both so we can just go crazy at the competitions, go to the movies, go shopping, etc. It's really nice to go as a spectator because you have your own schedule. Get to watch whoever you want.

I've been watching worlds with my mom since I was 16, and I have never competed at worlds.

I agree with everyone. I will go for the 4th time this year and took my daughter with me the last two. She will not compete and may never be at that level but she loves cheerleading. Plus she gets to meet and visit with friends all over the country. Do it!

Worlds is awesome, my kid was competing last year and I was running back and forth from the milkhouse to ESPN watching all the teams we never get to see live, (sometimes youtube just doesn't do it justice)...it was amazing! It is a great modivatior and if your kid has been cheering a long time or seems to be getting burned out it is a great way to renew their spirt and love for cheer. NCA at Dallas is also another great one to go to.....all the same teams that go to worlds are unually there. Have fun!

As others have said, if you can get there, go. I went for the first time last year, so I don't have any previous Worlds experiences to compare it to. I have been to UCA and NCA Nationals multiple times, and I can say that I have never seen a more electric atmosphere than when Large Senior performed (all 3x!!!!). Although I did not get to see Sr Coed Unlimited. If the madness that ensued when Top Gun hit the floor at NCA was any indication, I'm sure the division was crazy at Worlds too!

Anyway, I think as a spectator would be the best time to go. It's bad enough that sometimes you have to flip a coin between watching a team/division running simultaneously at the two venues. But at least you don't have all the extra stress and time constraints of your athlete competing.

Definitely go. I would hazard a guess that most of us there are just to watch. It's such a great weekend.

Back