All-Star Worlds Medal Counts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not to discredit GymTyme's success, but I have never valued their wins as I do others. That is, University of Louisville attracts the premier cheer athletes from the entire country; many are concentrated in one city and participate on GymTyme's all-star teams. That is the nature of the beast, and they are truly talented. It's just not the same type of win to me.

Yeah, I'm gonna say this comment is just silly. These athletes are choosing to move their lives to be a part of a program that promises them a level of success that is virtually unmatchable at the college level, and as a bonus, they can be on an all star team as well. But these athletes make the choice to be there.. and they work SO HARD... if you have ever been to a U of L practice, you'd know the incredible pressure these kids are under all the time. They work for and deserve every piece of success they get at the college level, and the all star level. The athletes who do both are often at the gym 5-6 nights a week for Gymtyme practice FOLLOWED BY U of L practice. They work their butts off and to not credit them for that is incredibly insulting to every minute of work they've ever put into cheerleading.

To Add To This, Gym Tyme Intl Coed 5 Has Yet To Place Top 3 At Worlds So I Wouldn't Say That Their Wins Aren't Credible. They Have A High Concentration Of Talent There But They Are Also Human. I Do Believe However That GymTyme's Open Coed 6 Team Walks Into Worlds Every Year And Already Knows What Ring Size To Tell USASF They Need. Just Sayin....

ACE has 5 if you include the two globes (Bronze and Silver) Infinity Titans won before they became ACE of Atlanta.

Thank you so much for doing this @BlueCat I honestly have been wondering about a medal count, especially recently ha but I never got around to even trying to create a list! Haha Yes, GT's medal count cracks me up.. @WorkToWin said it perfectly. Great coaches! I am not saying other programs who haven't even medaled before do not have good coaches, but I think Coaches such as James Speed really know the sport and aren't afraid to push the envelope just like Cali & TG coaches...it definitely pays off :) And like I said before about Cheer Athletics, they are just an overall power house gym. I didn't really see any "surprises" from the medal count besides some old school teams still on there! :p

To Add To This, Gym Tyme Intl Coed 5 Has Yet To Place Top 3 At Worlds So I Wouldn't Say That Their Wins Aren't Credible. They Have A High Concentration Of Talent There But They Are Also Human. I Do Believe However That GymTyme's Open Coed 6 Team Walks Into Worlds Every Year And Already Knows What Ring Size To Tell USASF They Need. Just Sayin....

Your pinky's were in overdrive with that post. Every first letter capitalized? lol :p

If you want information about Worlds or NCA, I got you covered. Cheer nerd with a big spreadsheet.

You should add Hall of Fame members to the count!

:D

Not to discredit GymTyme's success, but I have never valued their wins as I do others. That is, University of Louisville attracts the premier cheer athletes from the entire country; many are concentrated in one city and participate on GymTyme's all-star teams. That is the nature of the beast, and they are truly talented. It's just not the same type of win to me.

I understand everyone will have an opinion and yours was supported by the number of shimmies it received but I have to say that if I were an alumni or current athlete at Gym Tyme I would be sad. What about those 2 gold globes in the Large Limited division that was won by teams that were full of High School students who worked their butts off to come back and win after placing 4th in 2005? Just because athletes come from the University of Louisville doesn't mean they don't work just as hard. They didn't get that good by just sitting around. With the logic of their medals don't count because of a college team then you can throw out every team who medaled with athletes on their team that also cheered at their college.

How about Top Gun? It is known that boys move to Miami for school and to cheer there. Guess their medals don't count. I actually think Bucky and Santwon both cheered for Top Gun while going to school at Louisville (correct me if I am wrong). CA Wildcats's medals don't count because their athletes come from all over to practice and some also cheer for their school. SOT IOC5 doesn't count because they have athletes from different Universities. Sorry I just think that if you are going to say this about Gym Tyme you better apply it to every other gym that has the same thing going on.

Don't really know how to count gym mergers like ECE. Opinions?

Don't really know how to count gym mergers like ECE. Opinions?

I would keep them the way they are because technically they were two different gyms when the medal was won. Kind of like with Miami Elite you keep those globes with Miami Elite not with the gyms that came from it where the orignal coaches went.

Back