All-Star Worlds Medal Counts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

And PS to people who say its an unfair boost for us in IOC6
last year's silver = twist & shout = Oklahoma State University
This year's bronze = Texas Lonestar = SFA, Navaro, (and maybe texas tech? not 100% on that one sry if im wrong)
This year's other gold = Team Thailand = Team Thailand = Bangkok University

IOC6 is a college level division, therefor people that do college teams easily cross over. Just like im sure there are high school teams that benefit from having a lot of the same girls from the same all-star program.

So basically, feel however you want about us, but i know my 2 rings were 1000% deserved ;)

o and im not sure about this year, but i know there have been years when Stingrays IOC6 has benefited from West Georgia (and maybe CSU), and i know ACE IOC6 last year had West GA people on it..@kingston maybe u could back me up on that? or tell me i was told wrong either one lol

o and im not sure about this year, but i know there have been years when Stingrays IOC6 has benefited from West Georgia (and maybe CSU), and i know ACE IOC6 last year had West GA people on it..@kingston maybe u could back me up on that? or tell me i was told wrong either one lol

I'm willing to bet that almost every level 6 team has multiple college cheerleaders participating.

But you're still completely missing the point.

With UL/GymTyme it isn't a random couple of kids from year to year. It's a tightly controlled, incredibly close relationship that is incredibly beneficial to both. No one else in the US has been able to recreate it.

That doesn't mean the kids don't work hard. It doesn't mean they're cheating.

It means people are still amazed and a bit jealous.

I'm willing to bet that almost every level 6 team has multiple college cheerleaders participating.

But you're still completely missing the point.

With UL/GymTyme it isn't a random couple of kids from year to year. It's a tightly controlled, incredibly close relationship that is incredibly beneficial to both. No one else in the US has been able to recreate it.

That doesn't mean the kids don't work hard. It doesn't mean they're cheating.

It means people are still amazed and a bit jealous.

i agree with everything you just said accept for what is in bold...seeing as UofL does not give scholarships and has the BIGGEST program in the nation, we also have the highest turnover. Maybe im getting your wording incorrectly? But our teams rarely are made up of more than 50% veterans!!! and to what im talking about, i totally get the point. My point is directed to the person that says they dont value our medals as much as others...everyone else i understand what they are saying, but mainly that first person (dont feel like going back and finding it)

also, i think you're taking my tone to be aggressive...and trust me its not at all, im just putting facts out there as a part of this discussion. I take nothing personal that could come off of an online forum lol

i agree with everything you just said accept for what is in bold...seeing as UofL does not give scholarships and has the BIGGEST program in the nation, we also have the highest turnover.

Let me us ACE as an example. One year, we may have some West GA athletes on our level 6 teams. The next year we might have some Alabama or Auburn or UAB or Shelton State or any number of other college cheerleaders.

But no gym has as consistent a relationship as GymTyme/UL.

Let me us ACE as an example. One year, we may have some West GA athletes on our level 6 teams. The next year we might have some Alabama or Auburn or UAB or Shelton State or any number of other college cheerleaders.

But no gym has as consistent a relationship as GymTyme/UL.

ok i gotcha now...i thought you meant its the same kids every year. I agree with you and i never meant to argue that...like i said i was more aiming my response toward people discrediting our medals. They are dumb dumb heads :)

Yes we have had CSU and West GA.

The biggest disadvantage to open teams (which for UofL is a huge advantage) is a matter of location of athletes. Lots of open teams have a lot of talented people but i would bet the amount of hours put into a routine for an open team is far less than what a centralized college team could do.

Take into account lots of schools wont release their athletes until after college nationals is over, some might do team usa, some are coaches at other gyms and might work over an hour away.

So a tight relationship with a college program gives a huge advantage. Is it unfair? Nah, its just part of the game. It just means to make up for the less practice time you have to be very structured and be creative in ways to make up the time disadvantage.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

i agree with everything you just said accept for what is in bold...seeing as UofL does not give scholarships and has the BIGGEST program in the nation, we also have the highest turnover. Maybe im getting your wording incorrectly? But our teams rarely are made up of more than 50% veterans!!! and to what im talking about, i totally get the point. My point is directed to the person that says they dont value our medals as much as others...everyone else i understand what they are saying, but mainly that first person (dont feel like going back and finding it)

I don't think anyone has suggested that the athletes or even coaches don't deserve credit for the wins. I think the point was that some people don't give the PROGRAM as much credit. You mentioned Twist & Shout and the OSU team. Good example. I don't think people give as much of that silver's credit to T&S as when their limited coed got one. Their limited coed is/was much more of a traditional all-star team than their IO6. There may be a few college athletes on their LLC team, but nowhere near a majority.

We can argue all day long about whether the perception is fair or not (perception being that GT gets far more benefit from it's relationship with a university than anyone else.) I don't think too many minds will get changed on that one based on arguments we have seen so far. For better or worse, most people think U of L when they watch Pink or IO6. That doesn't change how good they are, how fun they are to watch, or whether they deserve to win.

I completely believe that those GT athletes deserve every ounce of their gold medals, but I just to play devil's advocate... It was said above when talking about Celebrity and ECE that a medal should be counted under the name that was on the uniform at the time that the medal was won. GT Pink was wearing U of L uniforms... So should we technically count their gold as a U of L win?

And PS to people who say its an unfair boost for us in IOC6

This year's bronze = Texas Lonestar = SFA, Navaro, (and maybe texas tech? not 100% on that one sry if im wrong)

You are right. There were some SFA and Navarro kids on that team but it was a lot of coaches and SHSU too

I think that people wouldn't be as upset about the GT situation if they didn't wear U of L uniforms to compete in. If you are representing a gym, you should be wearing the gym's uniforms.

I have no problem with the fact that it is a majority of U of L athletes on the team. I just wish they wouldn't advertise it like that.

I completely believe that those GT athletes deserve every ounce of their gold medals, but I just to play devil's advocate... It was said above when talking about Celebrity and ECE that a medal should be counted under the name that was on the uniform at the time that the medal was won. GT Pink was wearing U of L uniforms... So should we technically count their gold as a U of L win?
Being from GT, I don't want to get in the middle of this, but just as clarification it was GT Infinity wearing UofL uniforms, not Pink :)

Pink has never worn a UofL uniform to compete in, only nfinity. Plus, they wear those uniforms because to be honest they dont have much else to wear. Since it is a team full of college kids, there is no desire there to buy the new $300 gymtyme uniform when they only compete twice all year ( i also dont think most people would want to see our big stunter boys in a tight all star uniform top.. just sayin). A good amount of people on that team were louisville kids who didnt get the chance to compete in daytona.

Back