All-Star Worlds On A Cheer Cruise

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 15, 2009
Ok, now I know these numbers aren't likely, but how sick would it be if Worlds was on a cruise!?!?!? the cruise is reserved strictly for cheerleaders, and the comp will be where the shows are held, but also there will be big screens and speakers set up all around the cruise, at food places, and the pool so people can watch while chilling.

and for another random thought, have some spring floors, tracks, rods, setup around just for fun as well... oh insurance.

I think it's a cool idea! If I knew that there would be perfect weather and mostly calm seas, I'd be totally for it.

How appropriate, the ad at the bottom of this page for me was for Disney Cruise Line :D

ETA: I love cruises and I'd be all for competition on a ship (I've tumbled on them before ha) but I know some people just aren't in to being on ships like that so they probably wouldn't like it. A vacation on a cruise ship just for only cheerleaders and their families that could be fun too. Paramore is doing a cruise like that just for their fans this spring. And they are bringing other bands (like Tegan & Sara and New Found Glory) to perform with them. I want to go on that so bad!

Spirit Celebration actually had a competition on a cruise not last season but the season before last. I heard lots of great stories about it and my small gym was going to attend last season but we decided not to go because of all the problems that cruise line was having at the time.

When I was in high school, I danced on a cruise ship that went from Los Angeles to Vancouver. The water was somewhat rough, so it was kind of rocky. That side of the continent is usually kind of rough. I'm not sure about the east coast though, so it could work if it went up/down that side. It would be fun if they did what @BuegeSmalls said, and had a "cheerleaders & family only" cruise at the end of a competition.

(And I agree about the Paramore cruise. Mostly for Tegan and Sara. And for the fact that they're going to some private island during the cruise.)
I've been on eastern and western cruises before. The eastern ones (Bahamas) were always more calmer then when we went from LA to Mexico! Hmm maybe the cheer cruise could be like a regular cruise and each time you stopped at a port of call you could sign up for a practice time (so you don't have to practice on a ship if you didn't want to) and the final competition could be on a private island owned by the competition company. Far fetched idea but it could be cool.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

It's a fun idea in theory but seems like it would be expensive... And some people just don't do ships. What happens when a couple athletes are severely seasick and can hardly walk, let alone compete? Seems risky because if someone has never gone on a cruise before, you don't know how they're going to handle it. Some people get super seasick and it's not like you can just replace them (well you could but that would be a lot of avoidable stress before a big comp. some people don't like theme parks (I guess?) but with a theme park, they can tolerate it, nobody is forcing them to go on rides. But if you don't like cruises bc you get seasick, then that's an actual problem for the team.

I'd hate it. But I get seasick on cruise ships sitting in a calm port. The idea of trying to tumble on a swaying ship is already making me queazy.

My grandfather is the captain of a cruise ship, so naturally I've been on a few. The first time I went on a cruise, I was seasick for 3 days. It was awful. So I'm gonna say no to a competition on a cruise ship...

Back