All-Star Worlds Order Of Performance Draw

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 10, 2013
Anyone know when this is happening?? I've heard rumours of Tuesday, but can't find anything on USASF about time or where to watch. Thanks!!

From Spirit Post. If @Andre posts it, you can believe it.

"The Cheerleading Worlds Performance Order Drawing, aka the Worlds Lottery, will take place on Tuesday, April 8th at 7:30pm Eastern. The Worlds Lottery will be live streamed on USASF.net."

How does that work when there are bids given out the weekend after that? Are they just added at the end?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

How does that work when there are bids given out the weekend after that? Are they just added at the end?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
I think it was talked about in another post - if I understood it correctly - if there are 11 teams in a division let's say and the first 10 teams have their bids with the 11th coming next weekend, there will be 11 numbers to draw from for spots. The 11th team that gets their bid next weekend will already be included the drawing and a spot will have been drawn for them.

I think it was talked about in another post - if I understood it correctly - if there are 11 teams in a division let's say and the first 10 teams have their bids with the 11th coming next weekend, there will be 11 numbers to draw from for spots. The 11th team that gets their bid next weekend will already be included the drawing and a spot will have been drawn for them.

but how do they know which divisions will need extra spots? they can't predict who will get bids... (not solely directed at you, general question)

They'd draw from 10 spots. The 11th team would then draw their spot out of 11 later and then whatever teams are after them get pushed back a spot.
So say a team gets a bid after the drawing, they get to pull from 11 spots. If they get 5th, then the original fifth team gets bumped to going 6th, and so on.

I even "tweeted" at our entertaining "emcee" last year, and have heard nothing but "crickets" so far. :D

Per the email sent out from usasf, it is tonight at 7:30EST.
Still kind of confused on how they are going to add in the bids that haven't been awarded
yet. In addition to one up, the road to worlds
website shows another comp, sea to sky, that still has bids to give out. I'm confused about that one too though because they have it listed as 3 paid and 6 at large (I thought they have to give 3 at large for every paid, so shouldn't it be 9 at large).
That's quite a few bids to go back and add after the fact. Seems like it would have made more sense to wait until all the bids were given.

Per the email sent out from usasf, it is tonight at 7:30EST.
Still kind of confused on how they are going to add in the bids that haven't been awarded
yet. In addition to one up, the road to worlds
website shows another comp, sea to sky, that still has bids to give out. I'm confused about that one too though because they have it listed as 3 paid and 6 at large (I thought they have to give 3 at large for every paid, so shouldn't it be 9 at large).
That's quite a few bids to go back and add after the fact. Seems like it would have made more sense to wait until all the bids were given.
Seems to happen every year. Somehow they work it out.

but how do they know which divisions will need extra spots? they can't predict who will get bids... (not solely directed at you, general question)

I asked this exact question in a thread I started last week about this! Apparently they aren't leaving spots for the remaining bids, but will go back after the fact and add the bids into the order where needed. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

The bids that Sea to Sky hands out are partial paid, so that might be why they only have the 6 at larges to give out.

I just went and checked out the event website and apparently they are IASF bids that are being given out, so they are for International teams (the event is in Canada). That explains the numbers too.
Thanks!

Back