Medium Senior: Panthers
Large Senior: F5
Small Coed: Smoed
Med. Coed: Twist and Shout
Large Coed: Cheetahs
International All Girl: Pink Ladies
International Coed: SOT

small senior: Orlando Allstars Angels
medium senior: WOODLANDS ELITE GENERALS (you will see) (dont say i didnt predict it first)
large senior: ... i really dont care.
small coed: Double Down Athletics INVINCIBLE :chestbump:
med. coed: ... idc
lrg coed: coed elite

IMO...with regard to "realigning" Worlds bids teams...it is a lose lose and possible professional suicide. If the benefactor of the lions share of the talent does in fact win Wolrds...there will ALWAYS be an asterisk by that title....and if not...Karma will reign...win at all cost is sooooo wrong IMO

That is interesting. I wonder if certain teams will be stacked and other teams left hanging, or if the wealth will be spread.
Would that be considered sandbagging at NCA. LOL...What team gets the best and Why would that team or division be more important.How could any parent deal with their CP getting dropped from the "more important team"..

IMO...with regard to "realigning" Worlds bids teams...it is a lose lose and possible professional suicide. If the benefactor of the lions share of the talent does in fact win Wolrds...there will ALWAYS be an asterisk by that title....and if not...Karma will reign...win at all cost is sooooo wrong IMO

I do not speak for the staff or the gym at all, just my impression of events. But if athletes are placed on a team with a certain set of skills, or with the clear intent that they will develop and maintain a certain set of skills that are the basic requirements of the level and the needs of the team and stop doing them, or do not develop them a staff does not have the right after making it clear all year what expectations are for the team and what they must be met to compete at Worlds to change personel around. My suspicion is that a lot of gyms make that choice early on and continue to do so during the year, stacking high profile teams preferentially from the first of the year, while others do their best to "spread the talent" to give every team their best chance during the year and athletes the opportunity to grow into their position. I'm not suggesting there will be wholesale changes on any team, that would be suicide for that team.

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with defining again the skills that were evident at tryouts as Worlds teams move into the final stages of preparation and if a few are moved around by the staff due to the needs of the team so be it. I think teams routinely replace athletes that are not "up to snuff" during the year, and that has not happened on any team that I have seen this year at our gym except for injury. I strongly suspect that if the athletes recommit to the skills they had early on, and the conditioning to perform them, there will be little or no changes. However, these are my impressions alone, I do not speak for the staff at all, but I know that the staff has notified the kids it is time to step up or they will do what needs to be done to make the teams most successful. That is the appropriate thing to do for the vast majority of athletes that have made the committment to keep and develop skills and conditioning. If it is not "fair" to change an athlete that is not performing up to expectations, then it is not fair to the rest of the kids that are doing all that is expected plus some only to be penalized by those not performing. At the level these kids are competing the alternative is to not give them a chance. My experience is that the possibilty of that happening tends to invigorate all to recommit to what is needed.

I do not speak for the staff or the gym at all, just my impression of events. But if athletes are placed on a team with a certain set of skills, or with the clear intent that they will develop and maintain a certain set of skills that are the basic requirements of the level and the needs of the team and stop doing them, or do not develop them a staff does not have the right after making it clear all year what expectations are for the team and what they must be met to compete at Worlds to change personel around. My suspicion is that a lot of gyms make that choice early on and continue to do so during the year, stacking high profile teams preferentially from the first of the year, while others do their best to "spread the talent" to give every team their best chance during the year and athletes the opportunity to grow into their position. I'm not suggesting there will be wholesale changes on any team, that would be suicide for that team.

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with defining again the skills that were evident at tryouts as Worlds teams move into the final stages of preparation and if a few are moved around by the staff due to the needs of the team so be it. I think teams routinely replace athletes that are not "up to snuff" during the year, and that has not happened on any team that I have seen this year at our gym except for injury. I strongly suspect that if the athletes recommit to the skills they had early on, and the conditioning to perform them, there will be little or no changes. However, these are my impressions alone, I do not speak for the staff at all, but I know that the staff has notified the kids it is time to step up or they will do what needs to be done to make the teams most successful. That is the appropriate thing to do for the vast majority of athletes that have made the committment to keep and develop skills and conditioning. If it is not "fair" to change an athlete that is not performing up to expectations, then it is not fair to the rest of the kids that are doing all that is expected plus some only to be penalized by those not performing. At the level these kids are competing the alternative is to not give them a chance. My experience is that the possibilty of that happening tends to invigorate all to recommit to what is needed.
While your"scenario" sounds legit...I think this discussion is far from making kids "step-up". Holding "tryouts" with bid winning teams for the purpose of restructuring to "stack" is not encouraging to "step-up"...IMO It stinks and the is no fabreeze to mask the stench....and I gotta feel sorry for the EP's that awarded these bids to only find out they are now being represented by a different team. If this is going to be the way it is and accepted..then just skip all the effort of going to comps and just award programs X number of bids and let them make the teams they want to send....where is the "sport" in that....oh wait....

darnit, i can't figure out how to quote multiple quotes, but methinks something smells like a fishy backpedal....reading all the statements made at face value presents a VERY different face indeed from Monday to today. IMHO

While your"scenario" sounds legit...I think this discussion is far from making kids "step-up". Holding "tryouts" with bid winning teams for the purpose of restructuring to "stack" is not encouraging to "step-up"...IMO It stinks and the is no fabreeze to mask the stench....and I gotta feel sorry for the EP's that awarded these bids to only find out they are now being represented by a different team. If this is going to be the way it is and accepted..then just skip all the effort of going to comps and just award programs X number of bids and let them make the teams they want to send....where is the "sport" in that....oh wait....

I think your opinion is hyperbole.

and yes, our girls/kids have been told to step up and that no one is not replaceable, but the only time the word 'tryouts' has been mentioned in on the website for the 2012-2013 season!!

darnit, i can't figure out how to quote multiple quotes, but methinks something smells like a fishy backpedal....reading all the statements made at face value presents a VERY different face indeed from Monday to today. IMHO

You'll get over it I suspect.

perhaps you should re-read your own statements. i'm stating my opinion....no need to be rude.

Not being rude. The posts I did here were being misrepresented and I made a post to be sure my intent was clear. I see you edited the original post, I think that says a lot. The word tryouts was sent via text.

Back