All-Star Worlds Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 23, 2010
im just curious, is it possible to have two world champs in one division? i know its possible in NCA

im just curious, is it possible to have two world champs in one division? i know its possible in NCA

I believe so. Stingray Peach (a team I coached a few years ago) ended up tied with a team (I think Socal?) for 4th. Originally there was a tie breaker based on difficulty (they got 4th and we got 5th) based on who had the higher difficulty. It was later decided that difficulty and execution are worth equal amounts at Worlds, so why should the more difficult routine hit less well win. So Peach was given a tie for 4th with them.

I have a gut feeling though that mathematically and intentionally this would try and be avoided.

I believe so. Stingray Peach (a team I coached a few years ago) ended up tied with a team (I think Socal?) for 4th. Originally there was a tie breaker based on difficulty (they got 4th and we got 5th) based on who had the higher difficulty. It was later decided that difficulty and execution are worth equal amounts at Worlds, so why should the more difficult routine hit less well win. So Peach was given a tie for 4th with them.

I have a gut feeling though that mathematically and intentionally this would try and be avoided.
ah now i see, i asked because there's no incidence yet like this in worlds so i got curious

I would hope if 2 teams tied they would let both win! I think if they both deserved the points then they both deserve to win!

i dont think this would happen for the top 3. I doubt they have extra globes just hanging around.

Didn't Cheerforce and Cali wind up tying for 2nd a few years ago (after they went back and found a calculation mistake or something)? Am I making that up?

Latest posts

Back